The Official Head-Case Photography Thread.

Knuckledragger

no point getting the Leicas when they are just Panasonics with a different shell and different firmware.

Not everyone would agree with that:

dpreview forums 1

dpreview forums 2

Someone else online likened the difference as being "the Leica photos were warmer like Kodak film and the Panasonic was cooler like with Fuji film". I don't know if that is true or not, but I can see the difference in the photos posted online in the second link. This and the included Adobe Light Room 3 software pushed me towards the Leica, and I'm very happy with it.

Edited by HeadphoneAddict

Out of curiosity, what do you not like about it, Reks? I neither hate it nor like it, but not really having used other photo software, I've no point of reference to compare.

BTW, B&H has a used copy of Canon 50mm f/1.0. I know it's not a good lens, but someone should grab one just for fun.

Edited by Salt Peanuts

Okay my photographic friends, I have a family trip coming up for spring break to Washington DC.

I just bought the Sony A33 and starting buying some lenses, here's a list of what I have.

Sony 18-55 F/3.5-5.6 kit lens

Sigma 10-20 F/4-5.6

Minolta AF 50 F1.7

Minolta AF 100-200 F4.5

Minolta AF 70-210 F4.5-5.6

Which ones should I bring to DC? Mostly to take pictures of all the monuments / sites / museums.

I'd have to see it to believe it.

Ok so I had to check my archives for pics that were actually hand-held at 1/4 sec (or longer, even), but I found some to post. ;)

mid-town Manhattan @ 1/4 sec

hh_x1.jpg

downtown Seattle @ 0.62 sec

hh_x2.jpg

downtown Seattle #2 @ 1/2 sec

hh_x3.jpg

Edited by Asr

Okay my photographic friends, I have a family trip coming up for spring break to Washington DC.

I just bought the Sony A33 and starting buying some lenses, here's a list of what I have.

Sony 18-55 F/3.5-5.6 kit lens

Sigma 10-20 F/4-5.6

Minolta AF 50 F1.7

Minolta AF 100-200 F4.5

Minolta AF 70-210 F4.5-5.6

Which ones should I bring to DC? Mostly to take pictures of all the monuments / sites / museums.

I'd want the 10-20 and 50 for sure. The kit lens could help minimize lens swaps, and fill in those more normal focal lengths. You'd need one of your tele lenses if you like to pull in details from large items, gardens, etc. So while the 18-55 might be the "easier" option, a telezoom could give you more creative possibilities. Or just take four and leave one of the tele zooms at home, it's not as if they are especially heavy lenses we're talking about here.

I'd want the 10-20 and 50 for sure. The kit lens could help minimize lens swaps, and fill in those more normal focal lengths. You'd need one of your tele lenses if you like to pull in details from large items, gardens, etc. So while the 18-55 might be the "easier" option, a telezoom could give you more creative possibilities. Or just take four and leave one of the tele zooms at home, it's not as if they are especially heavy lenses we're talking about here.

I may go with this option and just bring what I need each day, depending on where we're going.

Sweet car pics Jeff, I especially like the red Lamborghini. :)

On another subject, anyone know of good sites to sell cameras? (Looking to sell my two unused DSLRs.) Have an eBay account but I'm sure there have to be better sites for selling photography gear, right?