The Official Head-Case Photography Thread.

Knuckledragger

I wish I could get any rebates. Not even for giving some lessons at the Uni :( In the Service of the hospital where I made the residency they had their own camera with a good macro lens and ring flash. Everyone could use it when needed, and the hospital payed for the slides film developing.

In this hospital they had a medical photographer years ago, but the man retired and they didn't hire a substitute. Anything you want for pics is on your own. They used to provide the Ektachrome film, but didn't pay the developing. Fortunately they provide the endoscopic surgery cameras and digital recording systems, but it took a lot of effort and negotiation getting the last.

I'd need to have a different tax status to be able to get rebates from these purchases. My almost none private practice and the rebates won't justify the extra charges and hassle.

The more I consider it for size/cost/performance it seems the K-5 should be a terrific camera, but the glass availability here and its cost could be a problem. OTOH choices for macro photo seem to favor Nikon. Ah decisions :palm:

According to this chart, all your A-series lenses will work just fine on the K-5 in all manual and automatic modes. You'll still need a macro lens for your work but at least you won't have to get a complete new set of lenses for the camera.

Should you end up getting the K-5, I might be willing to lend you my 100mm WR Macro for a while to see if you like it, though I'm not sure how bad shipping costs to you are. (It's not getting a whole lot of use just now.)

Wow, that's a very generous offer, thank you very much. I suppose shipping cost wouldn't be much more of USD 30, maybe a bit more if insured, but that will leave things too easy for the customs guys. If I finally get the K-5 and you're considering to sell the macro it's a good opportunity for both.

Wow, that's a very generous offer, thank you very much. I suppose shipping cost wouldn't be much more of USD 30, maybe a bit more if insured, but that will leave things too easy for the customs guys. If I finally get the K-5 and you're considering to sell the macro it's a good opportunity for both.

Yep, if you wanted to buy it after trying it I'd probably be willing. I'm sorely tempted by the Pentax FA 31 Limited, and I would have to sell off some stuff to fund it (not to mention funding my audio habit.)

Yep, if you wanted to buy it after trying it I'd probably be willing. I'm sorely tempted by the Pentax FA 31 Limited, and I would have to sell off some stuff to fund it (not to mention funding my audio habit.)

Great. I still have to find some time to do the stores job and deciding what camera suits me best. Once decided and purchased, I'll get back to the thread, maybe showing some pics :D Thanks again for all the advices pals.

I know this isn't the FS thread but it seems like a good place to put this up. Is anyone interested in a Sigma 150-500mm f5-6.5 OS super telephoto zoom for Nikon mount? I'm just not using it.

41auLVW7OOL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Here's the Amazon link:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001542X64/ref=wms_ohs_product_T2

Not sure what the going rate for these but if someone is interested make me an offer.

Edited by Dreadhead

Been going through my pics from NYC and wanted to post this one from the set. Lower Manhattan from the Empire State Building, hand-held @ 1 sec. Ok so I had stability help thanks to some railing, but even with that it was still tough to get acceptable sharpness - this is one of the sharpest shots that I ended up getting, and one of the longest shots too.

post-893-0-39556900-1307603030_thumb.jpg

This shot was longer at 3 secs:

post-893-0-68298200-1307603193_thumb.jpg

Edited by Asr

I took my D7000 w/ Nikon 16-85 and Tokina 11-16, the ultra wide-angle of the Tokina came in especially handy on a lot of shots.

love this tokina.....its my walk around lens. great quality and price performance ratio. simply unbeatable. only been photographing around 4 months or so.....and i believe this lens delivered my best work so far.....have a look and pls judge for yourself

post-1506-0-69910300-1307895594.txt

post-1506-0-93436400-1307895614.txt

Did you notice your two photos are nearly identical?

5819486382_559ec16444_b.jpg

5819481444_14930e1aea_b.jpg

questions folks......maybe a very basic one. whats the ideal shutter speed for indoor shots to prevent blurry images. this applies for weddings/birthday party for kids. assuming flash is used as well.....thanks

The old Pentax K-1000 required one to set the camera at 1/60 at F5.6. Depends on ISO setting and desired effect...

Edited by bhjazz