The Official Head-Case Photography Thread.

Knuckledragger

BTW, does anyone know of rumors of replacement model for Samsung NX100? I ask because according to Bens' Bargains, Adorama is selling the NX100 with Samsung flash and 20-50mm lens for $399 after $150 off coupon code!

http://blog.naver.com/cleanday82?Redirect=Log&logNo=60124228527

No idea when it's coming out though, but probably sooner rather than later with the way product cycles are going these days.

Huh. Neither Sony NEX C3 nor Samsung NX11 seem all that compelling to me. The Samsung doesn't even seem to have a newer sensor from previous, just adding some features like panorama. While the Sony has a new sensor, it seems to just unnecessarily boost the Megapixel count, with preliminary IQ impressions being not really better than older model.

I must say, at least Samsung has a ton of new lenses coming to market..

I might just keep saving my money towards Canon mirrorless (right..) or just wait for a new full frame Canon and use my APS-C with small lens like 35mm f2 as "portable."

Edited by Jon L

I might just keep saving my money towards Canon mirrorless (right..) or just wait for a new full frame Canon and use my APS-C with small lens like 35mm f2 as "portable."

I'd grab a Fuji X100 in a heartbeat if my fund allowed it. Or NEX5 if it had a fast prime in a somewhat normal FL.

While the Sony has a new sensor, it seems to just unnecessarily boost the Megapixel count, with preliminary IQ impressions being not really better than older model.

The sensor in C3 (also in D7000, D5100, K5 and A580) is a little better than the old one in terms of DR, color depth and ISO performance. I'd get a C3 over mirrorless if I need one today :)

http://www.dxomark.c...n/(brand3)/Sony

Edited by Cankin

Folks, been reading a lot at photography forum. Planning to get a ultra tele. Not in the short term but in the next 2-3 months. I know you guys are quite critical and dependable on the advise. Thinking hard between Canon 100-400 or Sigma 150-500. Strength / weakness of both lenses from what I read:

Canon : weakness: almost 30-35% more expensive, shorter focal length, never like the white color of tele for L series (more like personal opinion). Strength : Better IQ, 77mm filter - compatible with my existing glass (24-105 and tokina 11-16) so only need UV, lighter, smaller, f4

Sigma : weakness : lots of report said that its soft wide open at 500mm, heavier, IQ still behind canon, f5, 86mm filter. Strength: longer focal length, cheaper, black color hence less obvious vs canon

With the above facts, which one you guys would choose ? Main application is wildlife and sports. Or better still have any of you guys tried any or both lenses ? Thanks in advance

Edited by forbigger

Considering the well-documented focusing problems Sigma lenses have with Canon bodies, I'd never buy one without having several copies on hand that you can test out. There's also a chance of Sigma lenses not working with future Canon bodies, since they reverse-engineer as opposed to licensing from Canon. Also, Canon 100-400 has IS (2-3 stops, iirc).

On a completely different note, bluebirds were back at my in-laws' backyard again this year. Unfortunately, I didn't have time to grab my glasses or put in my contacts, so I ended up taking the below shot at f/2 when I thought I had stopped down to f/4.'

MG0053-XL.jpg

Edited by Salt Peanuts