The Official Head-Case Photography Thread.

Knuckledragger

The upcoming Canon EVIL may have the same sized senor. I guess they don't want EVIL to lower sales of traditional DSLR.

I heard that somewhere as well. It makes sense, smaller the sensor, smaller the lenses can be and size/weight has been one of the big selling point for EVIL cameras. They could go with APS-C sensor, but as you said, that'll eat into the sales of their DSLR and they won't be able to make the lenses all that much smaller due to sensor size (see NEX series). And there's a snowball's chance in hell they'll get into Four Thirds/MFT system.

you think thats expensive? check out the noctilux :o im sure theres more expensive glass out there but this is what i keep reading about again and again.

http://www.calumetphoto.com/eng/product/leica_noctilux_m_50mm_f_0_95_asph_lens/lc50395?gdftrk=gdfV23423_a_7c1267_a_7c4147_a_7cLC50395

Edited by crappyjones123

aerius is trolling. The compact prime is product meant for the motion picture industry, that they adapted to fit Canon (and Nikon) DSLRs. It sits somewhere between the novelty/collector's toy of a Noctilux (as ) and an esoteric professional tool. It's rated in transmission stops and marked in feet for a focus puller. It's main claim to fame is that it has full frame coverage, so it can be used to shoot video with a 5DII. TBH, that is its intended market: professional production companies who are shooting a scene (or a feature) with the 5DII.