The Official Head-Case Photography Thread.

Knuckledragger

^ Nice! I'm hoping I'll get to go out for pic on Saturday but we'll see. At least my 35 f/2 is back working fine again - it was just a matter of dirty electrical contact (though it didn't look all that dirty to my naked eyes).

Speaking of lens, bunch of Canon refurbed lenses are back in stock - too bad they were completely out of stock while they had 15% off coupon going last week.

walked around with the nokton for the day and switched back to the zeiss 35mm which is TINY by comparison and insanely lighter. what made things worse was the better iq which wasnt exactly a surprise but for the cost and the weight of the nokton is making me reconsider the purchase. the shallow dof is allegedly better for portraits but i have yet to take a picture with the nokton that i find better than the zeiss which has a softness to it that i cant really explain. the voigtlander is plenty sharp stopped down but i already have the zeiss for 2.8 or higher. wanted to get something a tad faster but im starting to realize that the extra speed isnt really doing anything that the zeiss isnt already doing (better).

Took this pic today after some instruction from Dan Ballard (danballardphotography.com) via the Colorado Photography Festival this weekend. Any feedback appreciated. wink.png It was my first photography workshop, was a great learning experience and will probably do more.

post-893-0-20855400-1313393097_thumb.jpg

(click for larger)

Edited by Asr

Been too busy out and about to post much lately. Here's one I took a week ago, before hiking up 13,750ft Mount Morgan (the flank of which is to the left of this shot):

p716484858-5.jpg

BTW the Samyang (Rokinon) 35 f/1.4 is an AMAZINGLY good lens. Sharp even in the corners at f/1.4 (if focused properly) and very very little coma. Color me highly impressed. The above shot was taken with it at f/2.0.

Been too busy out and about to post much lately. Here's one I took a week ago, before hiking up 13,750ft Mount Morgan (the flank of which is to the left of this shot):

BTW the Samyang (Rokinon) 35 f/1.4 is an AMAZINGLY good lens. Sharp even in the corners at f/1.4 (if focused properly) and very very little coma. Color me highly impressed. The above shot was taken with it at f/2.0.

Excellent shot. I have always been impressed with the 14 for the price but had not paid much attention to this one as I have the Canon version. Might have to try it out.

It's so cheap (for what it is) that it was hard for me not to (and of course, I'm damn glad I did. Of course, the Canon version doesn't get the chip for on-camera aperture control and EXIF data that the Nikon version does, but at least it's a little cheaper to compensate. The optical quality is pretty freakin' incredible for the price. It even stands up well to the Zeiss 35 1.4 in the tests on lenstip.com (and they are about the pickiest I've seen of lens testers). Whether it's sufficiently better than the Canon 35 1.4 to overcome the larger size and lack of AF, I couldn't say.

Ok, now this is freakin' weird. For whatever reason, Fujicolor 100 scans like a dream while Fujicolor 200 absolutely refuses to play nice with my scanner. The all came from the same B&H order and were shoved in the fridge as soon as they arrived. The prints from both rolls look great, but negative scans from the 200 roll look like crap, the colours are way off and the contrast looks rather poor.

A scan from the good roll. Straight from the scanner, all I did was crop it.

Scan-110822-0008.jpg

^ Too bad the lens selection on NEX series is still rather pitiful, though the addition of two new primes (24/1.8 and stabilized 50/1.8 ) is nice. I'm sure I'll trek myself over to a local Hunt's to try them once they're out, especially if my damn tendinosis isn't better by then.

Edited by Salt Peanuts

Ok, now this is freakin' weird. For whatever reason, Fujicolor 100 scans like a dream while Fujicolor 200 absolutely refuses to play nice with my scanner. The all came from the same B&H order and were shoved in the fridge as soon as they arrived. The prints from both rolls look great, but negative scans from the 200 roll look like crap, the colours are way off and the contrast looks rather poor.

A scan from the good roll. Straight from the scanner, all I did was crop it.

Scan-110822-0008.jpg

Damn, those are ugly flowers.