The Official Head-Case Photography Thread.

Knuckledragger

another thing ive noticed is the automatic metering. the camera said this was at 0ev but i distinctly remember it being lighter around there. ive had similar experiences with pictures i take out in the sun where there is plenty of light. they all seem to come out a tad darker than they "should?"

did nothing to the attached file. just converted to jpg in lightroom and reduced size by 50%. the white wall seems beige. the red doesnt seem to "pop" as it does in real life.

post-826-0-26789200-1316905157_thumb.jpg

A few shots from our just finished vacation in Geneva. Please be reminded that these pics were shot with a P&S (or POS) Canon IXUS 80IS (PowerShot SD1100 IS ELPH in the USA). Some of you may remember that I asked for advice when considering to get a decent DSLR. Decided to go with the P&S on this trip so I could see if I still enjoyed taking pics (which I did immensely) and if having a more capable camera is worth it.

Ginebra%25202011%2520012.jpg

Ginebra%25202011%2520015%25282%2529.jpg

No tripod available, just bare hands, I swear.

Ginebra%25202011%2520122.jpg

Ginebra%25202011%2520024.jpg

Ginebra%25202011%2520026.jpg

Ginebra%25202011%2520029.jpg

Ginebra%25202011%2520035.jpg

Ginebra%25202011%2520065.jpg

Ginebra%25202011%2520069.jpg

Ginebra%25202011%2520199.jpg

Ginebra%25202011%2520182.jpg

I'm quite enchanted by the method and outcome of this style of photography.

I kind of feel like giving it a crack.

A bit of research suggests a Yashica 124g is probably the sweet spot in terms of low cost starter cameras?

A few shots from our just finished vacation in Geneva. Please be reminded that these pics were shot with a P&S (or POS) Canon IXUS 80IS (PowerShot SD1100 IS ELPH in the USA). Some of you may remember that I asked for advice when considering to get a decent DSLR. Decided to go with the P&S on this trip so I could see if I still enjoyed taking pics (which I did immensely) and if having a more capable camera is worth it.

Great stuff. Glad to see you enjoyed the travel photography. You will soon find packing for trips to include a separate bag just to carry all the photography stuff you want to take just to be sure you don't miss that perfect picture. grin.gif

Great stuff. Glad to see you enjoyed the travel photography. You will soon find packing for trips to include a separate bag just to carry all the photography stuff you want to take just to be sure you don't miss that perfect picture. grin.gif

Thanks! I used to do that when I shot film using the Pentax Super-A, but once life got complicated and digital photography became the new flavor, I quit taking pictures for fun. Looks like I'll have to get a DSLR one of these days :palm:

Wonderful pics from your trip, Antonio. That tree should look kind of familiar, Rob. Golden Gate Park has some very similar beauties.

Jeff, I think you missed your calling as a zoo photographer! The shots all captured nice moments, but the lemur and gorilla are my faves. Great work.

Great work Antonio and Jeff!

As an aside the SD4000is is a great "family" point and shoot. Consistently good photos in a wide range of conditions and the fast turn on in particular is awesome. I also really like the Tiltpod magnetic tripod (http://gomite.com/) it works really well for posing shots on pretty much anything and in particular sticks to cars like glue.

Nice shots Steve. I hadn't even thought about trying to do some nature photography while I am out there next week for RMAF.

Thanks for the comments everyone. Lots of photography coming up with RMAF, Village Halloween Parade so I needed to get out and see if I could still remember which buttons to push.