The Official Head-Case Photography Thread.

Knuckledragger

Finally had a chance to sift some older shots.

6188117838_3453dabf6d_b.jpg

Goofing with my manual focus-only EF 35mm F/2.

6206056321_ef002fe22f_b.jpg

Happy people on the dancefloor. This shot has a cinema verite feel to it.

6196697841_729dbc33a1_b.jpg

Brostep DJ looks a lot better than he sounds.

6202811706_6b95d7fa00_b.jpg

The same is true for DJ HeavyGrinder. ;D

6199596251_48f23e89bf_b.jpg

Doing a little bit of crowd isolation with the EF 50mm F/1.4's super shallow DoF (even on a cropped sensor camera.)

All but the first shot were taken on a difficult night last spring where I arrived at a gig with dead batteries in my 580EX and no spares. Bad photogrpaher, bad. That meant I had to shoot available light for the entire evening, which was no biggie, that's my specialty. It also meant I had no AF assist beam. The 30D's AF is CRAP in low light without the 580EX helping it. I had to learn how to use the FTM ability of my 50mm F/1.4 on the spot. At the time it was incredibly stressful, which contributed to me not putting as much effort into sifting and editing the images as I usually do. Who wants to keep re-living a trying situation? In retrospect I got quite a few useable shots, far more than I thought I did at the time.

Excellent, I am there all day on Thursday before the show and fly out Sunday around noon and would really like to go along if you plan to go out during that time.

Thursday would be great, we should be able to hit RMNP and Golden Gate Park via the peak to peak highway, not too bad of a drive from Denver.

Some pics from this week as we're down in South Carolina for a wedding/vacation.

6217575972_c80543e5c5_b.jpg

6217496525_a280cae2f1_b.jpg

6218150782_94acc2dff8_b.jpg

6218137919_998dab42f8_b.jpg

Really wish I had a tripod - this was the best I could do with a stair railing, a stick, and hoping like hell one shot is in focus.

6218713198_4196aa5424_b.jpg

6218722038_791272543c_b.jpg

The last two were shot for mild amusement factor.

Edited by Salt Peanuts

Yep, the Gay Dolphin Gift Cove was shot in Myrtle Beach when we decided to walk around the boardwalk for a bit after picking up my tux. Rest of them were shot in/around Pawleys Island where we're staying, except for the SuckBangBlow - that was shot through a car window when we saw it on our way back from Myrtle Beach yesterday.

Edited by Salt Peanuts

That's what I'm up to, I'd love to have your company. I have an extra tripod you could use as well, assuming that you don't want to travel with one.

Hey Peter, I take it you're in CO right now? I hope you came prepared for the snow in the mountains this weekend.

I know your post was directed at Jeff but I'll probably have some free time on Sunday and might be able to do a day trip. Will call or text you later.

Btw, while you're up there I thought you might want to know there's a Larkburger near Vail - exit 163 for Edwards. ;) Or you could try Smashburger in Dillon, exit 205.

• Like 1

Yep, the Gay Dolphin Gift Cove was shot in Myrtle Beach when we decided to walk around the boardwalk for a bit after picking up my tux. Rest of them were shot in/around Pawleys Island where we're staying, except for the SuckBangBlow - that was shot through a car window when we saw it on our way back from Myrtle Beach yesterday.

Cool. Pawleys Island is nice. Have fun.

Hey Peter, I take it you're in CO right now? I hope you came prepared for the snow in the mountains this weekend.

I know your post was directed at Jeff but I'll probably have some free time on Sunday and might be able to do a day trip. Will call or text you later.

Btw, while you're up there I thought you might want to know there's a Larkburger near Vail - exit 163 for Edwards. ;) Or you could try Smashburger in Dillon, exit 205.

Thanks for the info, and glad to hear you might have some time to play. Do you mean tomorrow, and or next Sunday?

I have been in the San Juan the last few days, there is a ton of new snow. It's been manageable though.

I should have a few choice shots online soon, but I'm off to the Black Canyon this morning.

Nice pics, folks. Also good to see RudeWolf posting pics from the Land of Birgir.

Well, those aren't from the land of Birgir (the trees should be a dead giveaway), those are from my home country- Latvia and the dry dock is from Finland (from the Sea Fortress). But Icelandic pics should follow shortly, haven't got myself to sort them out.