The Official Head-Case Photography Thread.

Knuckledragger

Yep, it indeed is Echo Lake! There were quite a few nice aspen left on the road between Idaho Springs and there.

For some reason my Nook won't load the larger versions of your shots, but the one on the right looks intriguing.

Edit: Just saw it on my X220t, yeah, I like that shot quite a bit, a good background for the aspen leaves!

Edited by Iron_Dreamer

Seriously thinking of getting a NEX7. :palm: I am just not happy with the speed of my LX5. Opinions? Seems a bit overpriced. I wonder if it wouldn't be better just to get a used NEX5 or new 5n.

Does anyone know if the NEX7 will have to same clicking video problem that the NEX5n had?

@Jeff: Did you sell your Nex5?

To me it seems that while the NEX-7 is a very well designed camera the achilles heel of the whole system is the lack of good compact lenses. Take for example the olympus pancakes, why can't Sony/Zeiss come up with something similar? Most of the NEX system lens designs seem to be just copies from SLR lenses with a ring to compensate for the lack of mirror box. That's lazy design, if you ask me. There are dozens of old rangefinder lens designs that could be improved with modern technology and implemented in the NEX system. If I would buy a NEX the first thing I'll be looking for are non-retrofocal wides and ultrawides. There are 12mm and 15mm Heliars, but operating with them is far from hassle free.

Another thing about pancakes are that they're prime lenses. Prime lenses don't appeal to the general public/consumers, which for the most part is what NEX lineup has been targeting, rather than enthusiasts/pros.

Hmm, not sure if that rings true for NEX-7. It's the first camera that has made me to think about switching from D300 to Sony. But as I said- I don't see many lenses that appeal to me.