The Official Head-Case Photography Thread.

Knuckledragger

I could use some help/advice from you guys. Here's a snap I took of the Little Monkey this morning with the S95. I'm the first to admit that I'm a lousy photographer, but this image seems really soft/"veiled" to me. It was taken on "Auto" setting with flash off. I've been noticing this softness with a lot of my initial S95 shots. Is this just user stuff that I need to learn/set, or is there some indication here of something wrong with the camera?

web.jpg?ver=13229250710001

What are the particulars, shutter speed, etc?

Went to one of the few camera stores in the City opened on Saturday to buy some toys. Bonus was the fact that it is right next to the Flatiron Building and Madison Square Park which is always fun.

Flatiron2-XL.jpg

Flatiron3-XL.jpg

Flatiron4-XL.jpg

I could use some help/advice from you guys. Here's a snap I took of the Little Monkey this morning with the S95. I'm the first to admit that I'm a lousy photographer, but this image seems really soft/"veiled" to me. It was taken on "Auto" setting with flash off. I've been noticing this softness with a lot of my initial S95 shots. Is this just user stuff that I need to learn/set, or is there some indication here of something wrong with the camera?

web.jpg?ver=13229250710001

That softness is lens flare to my eyes

That's what I was thinking due to the rather intense backlighting from the window but I also think Dan is right about the focus point.