The Official Head-Case Photography Thread.

Knuckledragger

Stunning, Jeff. Really nice stuff.

Guys, are there some "basic" shots I can take with the S95 and post to see if we can agree that it's all good. Are there some standard/reference(y) things/conditions I can shoot that will help determine if there are any issues? I'm worried about what I perceive as some softness in the images, but I also have been in some low light situations.

Just takes some shots where the subject is not backlit, by what appears to be the surface of the sun outside your window, and see if those come out sharp. Any indoor shot with average household lighting should be sufficient to give you a sharp shot with the S95.

If you are really interested there are various focus test prints that you can download and hang up all over your house to do your mad scientist measurements. evil.gif

Great shots. You sure get a completely different perspective with the crop factor and your longer zoom. I could not even get that lion. Looks like Red Panda Fight Club in your picture there. I do not remember the one killing and eating the other as it was obviously about to do in your picture.

Canon 70-200 f2.8 II arrived. This baby is huge and heavy as expected, and I am very happy to report that it works GREAT with Kenko C-AF 1.4X Teleplus Pro 300 extender, yielding very sharp photo's at effective 448 mm reach on crop body.

The 4-Stop IS really works because I can get sharper photo's at 200mm with IS in dim indoors compared to non-IS 135mm L.

6466902799_560d6b493d_z.jpghe

Canon 70-200 f2.8 II by drjlo1, on Flickr

6466902093_bda59f5095_z.jpg

Canon 70-200 f2.8 II by drjlo1, on Flickr

Edited by Jon L