The Official Head-Case Photography Thread.

Knuckledragger

I honestly didn't know how many pictures there are per roll so I was unsure if that is a good success rate or not. grin.gif

Looks like a good catch in a rather difficult shooting situation with sharp contrast and lots of harsh light.

Edited by VPI

I have never actually seen a Sigma camera in the wild. Maybe because they are ridiculously overpriced for what they are.

I have a camera memory card question. Has the SDXC caught up with CF in speed, at a much lower price? I am looking at large cards for the D800 and I can get 95 read 90 write SDXC cards for half the price of the equivalent CF cards. Seems like I should put the big card in the SD slot with a smaller backup CF. Am I missing something?

Do I really need to take up photography which doesn't mean leaving the digital point and shoot on "auto" as a hobby right now? No. But it looks like it's going to happen anyway.

Of course, the gear and settings is only half the work. Leave it on auto anyway and study composition instead.

I have seen a lot of speculation of $3,500 for this with specs of a much better focus system.

In the Nikon experiment, I have found that the Nikon 35 f1.4 is a poor approximation of the Canon 35 f1.4. As noisy as the Canon 50 f1.8 plastic fantastic in focusing and just about as slow. I really want a Nikon body with a Canon lens mount. You think that might happen?

Question for the experts, I'm looking for a new camera but nothing as good you guys show here unfortunately. Can I get anything better for the money than this Canon IXUS 115 HS ?

Probably depends on what you want to do with it. What do you want to do with it? There are a lot of pocket cams available. Check any review and see what they compare it to first just to get an idea what is available.

I really want a Nikon body with a Canon lens mount. You think that might happen?

That thought has crossed my mind as well. I suspect I will have tougher time abandoning the 35L and 85L if it's either lens or the body system. Just hoping Canon 5d mkIII rises to the (high) expectations and achieve a significant improvement in dynamic range and ISO performance over mkii. Some sort of radio flash triggering system is being rumored as well for the body, concurrent to Canon's new flagship flash, which is supposed to have radio transmitters.

Maybe he just doesn't like his hoodie.

Looks like the 1Dx release has moved from February to late April. I can't believe I actually had my hands on a working model six months ago and they still have not gotten the thing ready for release.

The rumors are going crazy for the 5D but most seem to focus on better focus system but very little else changed.

The rumors are going crazy for the 5D but most seem to focus on better focus system but very little else changed.

The make-or-break thing for most of us is the sensor. MP count may not have changed much, but we are all HOPING the dynamic range and ISO performance have been boosted significantly. 3 years in development since MkII, it would be almost criminal for Canon to roll out an also-ran sensor angry.png

Edited by Jon L

I really wanted one of those Lytros. They just seem so ridiculously cool. But there are two things that kept me from doing so.

1) They only work with Mac.

2) The effect of being able to refocus by clicking is because of the embedded software. It didn't hit me at first, but this means that dropping one of these pics on a webpage or whatever means the pic will be much larger because it has to carry it's functionality with it.

But that's just me. This is still a way cool idea. I hope they can keep the momentum going and break out of the Mac.