The Official Head-Case Photography Thread.

Knuckledragger

Nate, I grabbed one of these Wintec16gb cards for my T2i as they were very cheap and seem to have good feedback as far as reliability is concerned. That being said, I might feel slightly safer using my 8gb Sandisk Extreme but so far so good.

http://www.amazon.com/Wintec-Filemate-Professional-Secure-Digital/dp/B0046TDJJK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1332006951&sr=8-1

I use a sandisk extreme 45mb/s card with that camera. Can take 6 shots max in burst mode in case that matters before buffer is reached. I don't know of the new 95mb/s cards will offer an advantage with the possible extra 2 shots in burst mode. Might have use with video as well. Faster card might be able to clear the buffer faster but I don't know if the card is the bottleneck or the body.

Not that much more expensive than the 45mb/s card.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B005VDRCL6/ref=mp_s_a_7?qid=1332013028&sr=8-7

Edited by crappyjones123

The price is $1199 at B&H, but it is listed as "Pre-order. Released in limited qty." ...and they don't have in stock anyway. The shots that thing takes are quite delicious.

Yikes, I checked the Amazon link again, and now they are only available from an outfit called Roberts LP for $1469! But right next to it, Ritz is selling the body+ 18-55 lens for $1349 :)

x3, Peter. Great flowing water - how long was exposure? Did you shoot it raw, then convert to b&w, or was it just one of those grey days? Excellent work.

Shot RAW (that's the only way I ever do), adjusted in ACR, converted to B&W in CS5. It was nearing sunset, in a relatively thick forest of 50-100' pines, so light was soft, exposure was 3". I had noticed the waterfall on my hike up to a ridgetop at 9200' to do some rock climbing, and sure enough, when I was headed home, the light was right.

Yikes, I checked the Amazon link again, and now they are only available from an outfit called Roberts LP for $1469! But right next to it, Ritz is selling the body+ 18-55 lens for $1349 smile.png

ouch! Yeah, sometimes you have to watch Amazon. They're good at keeping up on product availability, but when they default to someone like that...look out!

Shot RAW (that's the only way I ever do), adjusted in ACR, converted to B&W in CS5. It was nearing sunset, in a relatively thick forest of 50-100' pines, so light was soft, exposure was 3". I had noticed the waterfall on my hike up to a ridgetop at 9200' to do some rock climbing, and sure enough, when I was headed home, the light was right.

From now on, your Delta name is "Ansel"

Switching from Canon to Nikon is like driving on the wrong side of the road. Everytime you try to focus, zoom or even put on a lens....

I still remember when I was in my first photography class in high school, there was a girl with a Nikon, asked me about those special Canon functions.

She asked me about Av and Tv.