The Official Head-Case Photography Thread.

Knuckledragger

Looks like Ian's wife Lauren is going to end up with my D700. Hopefully it does as well for her as it has for me. I still haven't had much quality time with the D800, other than enough to get my settings dialed in, fall in love with a couple of new features, and test out shooting video a f/1.4 on an FX sensor (fun!)

Shelly, Pater (iron Dreamer) has had a UD 35 for some time, and liked it a lot. Maybe he will chime in, or you could ask him his experience.

I still have my UD35, for over three years now. I like the top-loading nature, making it easy to swap lenses and take the camera in/out on the go, without needing to set the bag down. I have crammed a 14" laptop, pro-size DSLR, and as many as six lenses in it at once, of course with a variety of odds an ends. At that point, it does become quite a brick.

Edwood has the v2 edition, which adds a few minor features, the most compelling to me being the easier-to-access front zipper pocket. Nevertheless, my v1 is just fine, and should keep doing well for me for quite a while to come.

$1300? I haven't kept up with the prices but is that a stupid good deal or the usual going rate now?

^ It's come down a bit since the 5D3 came out (and to some extent D800), but $1300 for one is a really, really nice price.

Definitely a stupid good deal.

And I'm sure that 18-300 won't be nearly as good as the 18-200.

I picked it locally from a trading ad... just lucky timing, I snapped quick.

Edited by johnwmclean