The Official Head-Case Photography Thread.

Knuckledragger

Don't need one of those but I do need some lenses. I have not been paying much attention but it does not appear a lot of good new lenses have flooded the Nikon market since I last checked. I need an 85 f1.4 and I guess the 24-70. Anything else new and exciting that you guys have tried?

Looks like I will knock another Zoo of the list tomorrow and visit the National Zoo.

Edited by VPI

Nikon users, I was at Best Buy checking out the D600. It looks like a great camera but I can't seem to figure out how to change AF points from single to zone etc.. and how to change AF mode from AF-S to AF-A etc.. On my 7d, I have a button on top to bring up the menu and the wheel will adjust it. Or I can press Q and scroll down to the option I want to change. I can't seem to find such a feature on the D7000 and D600. I saw an <i> button which seems to do the same thing on the D3200 and D5100 but I can't find it on the D600/D7000.

I'm sure I must be missing something. Nikon can't possibly make you have to go into the menu to change these commonly used modes on a semi-pro body right?

here's my latest shot frm Zion. Trying to catch fall colours but alas, not yet.....gotta go to higher elevation. entered the drawings for subway but didnt get it and here's the kicker: it limit up to 20 group / day. Me and one other friend entered the draw and up to 30 mins before it closes, there's 20 participants. And yet we didn't get it!!! Could it be that the last 30 mins there's at least 5 more entries ? Very unlikely or very unfortunate. Thats all I can say. Went to Narrows instead which IMO a mini Subway.

8112666689_61a29e0d68.jpg

The Narrows - Zion by ruetamA Images, on Flickr

8112672392_12ac7e9f79.jpg

The Narrows - Zion by ruetamA Images, on Flickr

Decided to try the old 85 f1.4D instead of the newer G as there are so many die hard fans out there. Definitely not a fan of the speed or noise but the focus seems to be good after the slow focusing. Like the narrow focus plane but I think a Nikon G or Sigma 85 f1.4 might be in order.

Lunch

i-TXsggt6-X2.jpg

Edited by VPI

For those thinking about D600

http://www.lensrenta...sor-dust-issues

Dang.

Looks like there are already long threads on this issue like this one:

http://www.flickr.com/groups/d600club/discuss/72157631688454226/

I still havent' bothered to send in my 5D III for the "light leak" thing, but I need to remind myself to NOT buy new cameras right off the bat..

Edited by Jon L

Decided to try the old 85 f1.4D instead of the newer G as there are so many die hard fans out there. Definitely not a fan of the speed or noise but the focus seems to be good after the slow focusing. Like the narrow focus plane but I think a Nikon G or Sigma 85 f1.4 might be in order.

That lens is all about bokeh, pure and simple. It has a lot of built-in spherical aberration that makes it inherently softer the the G model or the Sigma, but it has a unique bokeh. If that's what you're after, then you're golden. If it doesn't do it for you, then there's not much reason to keep that lens in your bag, as compared to the other options.