The Official Head-Case Photography Thread.

Knuckledragger

If it is as good as the Noct-Nikkor 58/1.2 that they are mentioning then it is competitively priced.

But to be honest, that was developed with one purpose in mind: to be sharp and very usable wide open (next to no coma for light sources at night) and nowadays high ISO performance and built-in IS etc. compensates this rather well.

High eyeso does nothing for the book-eeh shooters. 

Yes, I spelled it like that to be annoying. Like people whose entire FLICKR stream was shot at F1.2. I wonder if Nikon (or Canon) knows that they could save a bunch of money by just selling lenses with no aperture adjustment at all? 

I already don't like the character of the out of focus highlights with this lens. Whycome didnt the bestest lens MFR just make a 58F2.8 DC, with the DC ring locked to eleven? 

The 58F1.2 does do its thing nicely. 

531934_10200093684728795_845836497_n.jpg

522550_10200093684288784_176035272_n.jpg

Because. 

Edited by nikongod

There are an awful lot of 50 Noctlilux lenses with electrical tape permanently fixing them to .95, so it might be a good idea, actually.

There is no other reason to buy that lens... 

But who in their right mind shoots a landscape at F0.95? A whole 6 blades of grass, and half a flower in focus. It is the Flickr way. 

Sony RX10 features 1-inch 20.2MP sensor, 24-200mm constant f/2.8 lens http://feedly.com/k/1er8J4u

This seems like a terrific soccer-dad/mom type camera. Perfect for kids sports or other performance events. The sensor has shown decent low-light performance for the size. Coupled with a fast lens allowing for stop-action shutter speeds make it just the ticket. Add on an RX100 for EDC & you (and potentially a partner) have got family events covered at all times for under two G's. Shit, that would cover 99% of us.

Canon 6D for $1574 (you need to put in your cart and start the checkout process to get the price).

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/892349-REG/Canon_8035b002_EOS_6D_Digital_Camera.html

24-70L II for $1699 ($300 discount at checkout and $300 mail-in rebate).

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/843008-USA/Canon_5175B002_EF_24_70mm_f_2_8L_II.html

I see VPI has been busy making sun stars.

Apparently that price on the 6D at B&H is no long valid? I'm going to be in the market for a new body. Soonish. As soon as I buy a new car. :palm:

Yeah I was trying to see how many I could get into one picture.  I think the Concorde is my record.  :laugh:

as somebody who loves his FM2, I think this is super cool.

I was kind of hoping it would be mirrorless and therefore smaller, a competitor to Sony A7.  But at 765g, it's going to be DSLR type weight.  Still, the D4 sensor is cool, and I just hope the price will be decent.

I think with a D4 sensor, they are thinking more along the lines of S3 2000 Millenium...maybe not we'll see soon anyway

That would be truly crazy, considering that the rumored specs, including the D4 sensor, are inferior to that of D600/610.

Oh, and refurbed D600 have gone below $1400.

Edited by Salt Peanuts

That would be truly crazy, considering that the rumored specs, including the D4 sensor, are inferior to that of D600/610.

Oh, and refurbed D600 have gone below $1400.

It will be available in silver and black, just like the S3.

I guess it is for people who prefer to go back to the basics and with the build quality and finish of old days to match but not priced for the masses (they wouldn't sell that much anyway).

The D4 sensor is not necessarily inferior to the D600 one, the high ISO is even better but it could well be a different sensor, just with the same MP.

Edited by padam