The Official Head-Case Photography Thread.

Knuckledragger

BqtLubB.jpg

Yes, I missed critical focus here and I'm not usually a fan of blown out backgrounds however, the image carries with it a nice story. Hope you like it.

I saw this gentleman on my way back from the edge of the Deerfield Beach pier. He was rather quiet and diminutive and went about baiting his hooks with a mother's patience. A welcome relief from the gregarious bunch fishing off the end of the pier. His motions were practiced and deliberate and while his brow scrunched with concentration his entire body was relaxed. He had obviously done this before. I watched him admiringly for a few minutes and then asked him if I could take a picture of him. He stared back at me in terror as if I had asked him to commit some heinous crime. Feverishly, he took out his receipt indicating a fishing permit. I took out my camera and flashed it in front of him hoping he would understand my request. He calmed down immediately as he understood I wasn't an inspector. No matter how much I tried to convince him, he wouldn't stop sticking the hook in front of the lens. I still don't know what he thinks I wanted to take a picture of but he swung the fishing line so proudly, I didn't protest and included it in the frame. I thanked him for his time and he opened a giant cooler he was sitting on and grabbed a plastic bag. Now I was confused as he motioned for me to look inside. I saw more fish in that cooler than all the ones the guys at the end of pier had caught. Given my lack of knowledge on the proper way to gut a fish, I politely declined.

But I walked away smiling.

Ge52dw8.jpg

Edited by crappyjones123

It's HEAVY. And looooooong. I find it rather cumbersome at times. Then again, I have only every used 35/50mm in the past so could stand fairly close. Even with the 105 dc I didn't have to walk back as far. The guy didn't know what he had. Sold me the 135 dc for an absurd price because "it made too much noise while focusing." 

It's HEAVY. And looooooong. I find it rather cumbersome at times. Then again, I have only every used 35/50mm in the past so could stand fairly close. Even with the 105 dc I didn't have to walk back as far. The guy didn't know what he had. Sold me the 135 dc for an absurd price because "it made too much noise while focusing." 

Nice.  105DC would be a lot cheaper, especially used, but it would be bit close to 85mm I already own.