The Official Head-Case Photography Thread.

Knuckledragger

Thanks Peter. The 'light' in the image has been massaged a bit. It was pretty dark out, I remember, because we had no way of getting back to where we were staying. Taking the road back to where we had parked our car would have taken us a good 3-4 hours, possibly longer without any lights. We certainly weren't navigating those cliffs that late. The camera read 1/60s at f/2.8 with ISO 1000. I guess I could have gone to 800 and taken a slower shutter speed but the winds were around 35mph and it was biting cold. Didn't care to stop there longer. 

We did the hike on a Sunday evening thinking it would take us the same time it took the locals. That was our first mistake. We had been given two phone numbers to local villagers who worked as a taxi service. Once we got to the visitor center at the cliffs, we tried calling both. One didn't answer. One did and said he didn't work on Sundays. Wasn't my favorite place to be in high winds from the ocean in sub zero temperatures. There was one caravan parked in the visitor lot with a light on. We chose to walk back instead on the roads. Eventually, Julie stopped being stubborn and let me call our hostess who yelled at me for not calling her earlier. She dragged her husband out of bed and came to grab us around 11pm. 

The original is attached below. 

post-826-0-99402900-1432401827_thumb.jpg

If I had the money, I think I'd get the new Leica.  The Q is what my beloved X100T (and I really like the X100T) wants to be, when it grows up.  Too bad it's so damned expensive.

Any post-processing on those shots, Jeff?  Very clean ISO 8000, if not!

No NR on either the 11600 top one or the 8000 bottom one.