The Official Head-Case Photography Thread.

Knuckledragger

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

35 image stitch of Montreal from the belvedere on Mont Royal. Fun little climb. Great view of the city and the St. Lawrence river.

Need to find a better solution for stitching such large vistas. Lightroom fills up my hard drive with scratch files which end up slowing the whole computer down to a crawl for almost an hour. Anyone have any recommendations?

If anyone cares to look at it at full res in jpeg format for giggles. 125mb is at 50% image quality :p The image sizes make me laugh at times. Such massive files.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0WuTOUbpcGVSUtKXzUtYzRtWDA/view?usp=sharing

DSC_4934-Pano-2.jpg

• Like 1

One of the side outings this past break was to where they actually tap maple trees to make maple syrup. One of the sugar shacks we went to had a buffet style lunch (it wasn't really a buffet but they provided big portions that everyone at the table shared). After lunch we went around the place and took a tour of their facilities and saw how they tapped the trees and ended with the final product. To end the tour, they poured some fresh pure maple syrup on ice outside on a wooden plank where everyone rolled ice cream sticks in the syrup as if it were a lollipop. I don't think I've ever tasted something quite that sweet.

http://deliceamarjo.ca/delices/accueil.html

DSC_4527.jpg

DSC_4524.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I have a few cameras (Nikon D7100, Nikon D90, Ricoh GR, and Canon S95) that I haven't been using much since Tim passed and I left the batteries in the camera and the batteries drained.  I read that this is a bad thing to do.  Should I replace the batteries?  Are they more prone to leak/explode or will the charges just not last as long.