The Official Head-Case Photography Thread.

Knuckledragger

• 2 weeks later...

Photographing the Beauty of My Mother’s Decline

“My mother doesn’t recognize her reflection, or her own image. Most adults avoid having their picture made. My mother is more childlike in that she has no concern.

With my camera, I document the joy and the light of her last years of life — the ways that she circles back home, even as she is leaving.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/25/opinion/mother-dementia-photos.html?referringSource=articleShare 

2C183D73-4D40-4FFC-84C0-998CF1AC7018.jpeg

• Like 5

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Gold aside, these small 35mm f/1.4 primes are very versatile and fun to use. I wish I'd tried a lot harder to master them, couple the ordinary look with today's social distancing, and it becomes a real challenge to take interesting pictures with them.

• 3 weeks later...

The Irisih ambient composter Mick Chillage Gainford took a bunch of photos of the Irish coast and posted them to FB (I'm enough of a nerd to be FB friends with him.)  I especially liked the look of one of them:

sVCvuOy.jpg

I spent half an hour working it over in Photoshop (I finally upgraded from my ca. 2012 CS6 version) and came up with this:

phyWgtT.jpg

Look for Mick Chillage's new field recording and synth drone release "Sea Wall" later this month (not really.)

• Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I've got a really lengthy post I need to make in here about my work with Luminar 4, which I have been putting off for months now.  L4 is currently part of a bundle on HIB.  It's a fun, if rather buggy app.  It has helped me breath life into some mid 00s photos that I took when I knew very little.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Great lens, but there are so many fantastic vintage lenses out there, which may climb in value due to a demand for video usage, that's what I would buy instead - unless the price on this goes even lower, which is a possibility.

This is the Olympus OM Zuiko 50mm f/1.2 (on the EOS R), but I have too many others

ACtC-3elTBM7nrZgwyjJD99rty0yf2o-m45-AxzU

• Like 2

On 12/18/2020 at 11:40 PM, padam said:

Great lens, but there are so many fantastic vintage lenses out there, which may climb in value due to a demand for video usage, that's what I would buy instead - unless the price on this goes even lower, which is a possibility.

This is the Olympus OM Zuiko 50mm f/1.2 (on the EOS R), but I have too many others

ACtC-3elTBM7nrZgwyjJD99rty0yf2o-m45-AxzU

Amazon never ceases to amaze me. I guess it was just a matter of time!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3