The Official Head-Case Photography Thread.

Knuckledragger

Received my F100. It’s unused as far as I can tell. Not bad for $235 with a 35mm f/2. It operates like a modernish camera, certainly very similar to a Nikon DSLR. I doubt it’ll still be working in 100 years, like my beloved FM2, but I think this is my go to 35mm, now. It’s really nice! Massively more modern than the N8008 (which is a perfectly good AF body). Going to run some long expired Kodak Gold 400 pushed a couple stops. From what I’ve seen Kodak Gold maintains color, it just gets less sensitive. 

Edited by EdipisReks1
  • Like 1

I own a lot of lenses, but end up using a 50/1.8 almost all of the time.  All of these were taken with it and my 5D4, at ISO 200.

ei5lNck.jpeg

F/9, 1/400.

WOkprlj.jpeg

F/9, 1/200.

1NwVe1x.jpeg

F/8, 1/40.

XA00pPB.jpeg

F/10, 1/500.

cYQnPX4.jpeg

F/8, 1/320.

BQPF3jw.jpeg

F/8, 1/200.

bd0Vs0c.jpeg

F/7.1, 1/320.

mgOUZn4.jpeg

F/5, 1/125.

NPRiuJc.jpeg

F/8, 1/160.

xvLvUfk.jpeg

I took this one with the 50/1.4 at F/4, 1/80.  The 1.4 has significantly more barrel distortion than the 1.8, which is never noticeable in actual photos.

• Like 5

Speaking of lenses and Leicas, took out the Sigma 105mm f/1.4 on the SL2 Sunday. Helped a friend shoot a band. I was second camera so zero pressure. Most of me loves the lens. My lower back is the contrarian. 

L1000264.jpeg

L1000267.jpeg

L1000306.jpeg

2024-03-24 23.19.34 - 2024-03-25 17.20.17 - B0002366.jpeg

• Like 10

3 minutes ago, Knuckledragger said:

Was your friend telling jokes that required a rimshot?

It was supposed to look like prohibition era booze storage, but it was actually a garlic processing plant so the joke was on our noses.

Great pics, Ric!

The Leica has fungus amongus, so repair is a bit more expensive. But less than Leica wanted. The Yashicaflex also has already failed, so I’m 0-2 this week. I *think* I got some decent shots on the Yashica over the weekend, at least. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have the Yashica working: that was some fiddly work, but it came down to cleaning and lubricating the shutter release. I have five rolls of Kodak Gold and three rolls of Portra 400 in 120, so I’m eager to get snapping with the Yashica. Q is in repair now, so maybe I’m 2 for 2 after all (results pending).

Having put a couple rolls through the FM2 lately has me looking at the DF: surprisingly pricy by DSLR standards in 2024, but lots of low shutter count examples in Japan. 

Edited by EdipisReks1

• 2 weeks later...

Got the Q back from repair. Of course I managed to not have any batteries with me (I’m out of town), so I can’t test it. They returned my lens cap, which is a good sign. Generic batteries and charger arriving tomorrow. If it works properly, even with the repair cost, I got a good deal. If not, well, in for a penny in for a pound and I send it to Leica for their replacement parts, and thus I will have gotten a very bad deal. Q2 money, then. 

Edited by EdipisReks1