FINALLY (56k [does anyone even have that anymore?])

hungrych

After months of having what seemed like every conceivable roadblock, I officially am rocking vinyl again.

IMG_0966.jpg

Fuck yeah! A Pro-Ject RM-5 with hopelessly cool carbon fiber tonearm, Denon DL-103, and Monolithic PS-1 w/ HC-1 PSU. It's dead sexy, so getting to finally listen to all the records I've bought in the last few months is that much better!

Here are some more pics:

IMG_0968.jpg

You can't really see it at all but the anti-skating weight just hangs on a little string, it's really cool. I'll try to get a better pic sometime.

IMG_0992.jpg

Obligatory action shot:

IMG_0987.jpg

Fuck yeah!!!

IMG_0972.jpg

So I'm pretty happy that something I've bought actually works for once! I'm relaxing to a 2 dollar Herbie Mann LP and the clicks and pops just add to the ambiance. I'll clean it better later, right now I'm just happy it plays!

All pics taken by my brother, as I suck at photography and he does not.

Did the clamp come with the 'table?

Yup.

great looking tt and very nice pics. is your denon a straight 103 or is it the "r" version? assume the ps-1 has enough gain...

It's the regular version. The PS-1 seems to have enough gain, but maybe I'll add an MC transformer one day.

the 103 is a great and legendary cart. you might experiment with the (washer plate) weight that came with the cart since heavier is most always better with that one. i've tried both, with and without, and prefer the weight with my 110.

• 2 weeks later...