Singlepower Square Wave w/ DAC internal pics

Asr

Practically all circuits already exist at this point, the trick with any amp manufacturer is to put your own flavor on it (without violating intellectual property rights, of course). Which is what I thought everyone -- including Mikhail -- does.

That is very true most of the time and there is nothing wrong with using a preexisting design and do your own spin on it by adding a nice PSU and CCS or something like that. Claiming it was all patent pending and world best just adds insult to injury.

That DAC is just an epic :palm: and I'm certain that it cost him a lot less then 50$ if he bought a few in one go.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At least it's the fast approach to adding a DAC. ;D

That and using all the remote control switching and attenuator products from

Liteaudio of china, changing the led's to blue and then saying its completely custom.

Its actually fun to try and get into a designers head and figure out how they come

up with stuff. Clearly stuff from john curl, nelson pass, james bongiono, dan d'agostino,

charles hanson... all have very distinctive and different, and immediately noticable

design philosophy's.

When i try to get into mikhail's head all i see is re-runs of "yellow submarine"

and a lot of this stuff C20 H25 N3 O

((6aR,9R)-N,N-diethyl-7-methyl-4,6,6a,7,8,9-hexahydroindolo-[4,3-fg]quinoline-9-carboxamide)

And to be fair, when i try and get into ray's head, all i see is the vast vacuum of

space.

:D

don't worry, the HC design police would use American style police action and simply shoot your neightbor to death during a para-military raid on the wrong house.

Good thing i gave my RSA XP-7 to my neighbor. That should keep the design patrol off my trail for awhile. But seeing the utter genius for sniffing out the worst in everything, they might still find me.

Maybe I can fool them by letting them actually listen to one of the products they despise so much. Knowing the public safety/caribinieri mind though, this concept may be too confusing for the rationally obsessed know-it-all.

I think somehow the headphones that particular person is addicted to have intelligence-degrading effects. Either that or he snorts every hour...but then nah because I am aware of some members here with such intakes who maintained more braincells than I have after a month with the Ultrasones.

Wasn't he the second biggest Edition 9 proponent after Sovkiller?

But wait, there is more. Each individual output transistor is its own amplifier.

So a balanced dynafet would be a 32 channel amp.

But wait there is even more. A krell master reference monoblock as as stereo

pair would be a 240 channel amplifier.

The crap flowing from mikhail's mouth is just plain stupid. Like his steadfast

insistence that the cathode resistor on the extreme is not really a resistor

but rather a current sink. Same thing with the plate resistor on the ES1.

Nope, its not a resistor, but rather a current source. Both sure look like

resistors to me...

Even ray has finally shut up about his $200 an inch military wire...