Mad Men

jinp6301

• 1 year later...

I bought season one on DVD and thoroughly enjoyed it.

I'm now patiently waiting for season 2 to be released.

I can't be bothered to watch shows on TV during the season. I'd much rather watch a whole season in a few sittings on DVD than have to tune in at the correct time each week.

I bought season one on DVD and thoroughly enjoyed it.

I'm now patiently waiting for season 2 to be released.

I can't be bothered to watch shows on TV during the season. I'd much rather watch a whole season in a few sittings on DVD than have to tune in at the correct time each week.

The internet is your friend :)

Also, make your own Mad Men character at MadMenYourself.com - MadMen Premieres August 16 only on AMC

I watched Revolutionary Road last night. What a sad ripoff of Mad Men. I will say that in the scene where he's getting dressed after his first extramarital encounter, and the girl's sitting there with the sheet over her boobs like in every such scene, and I always wonder why they're doing that, because the dude just saw everything anyway and now what's the deal? Yeah in that scene she holds the sheet up for about 5 seconds and then completely drops it (doesn't look like an accident in any way), then looks embarassed and picks it back up. WTF was that!?!?!?! I'll forever be flabbergasted by that particular turn of events. Filmmaker really wants a set of tits in the movie so he gets them but then goes right back to the same tired "girl protecting her modesty from the guy who she just slept with" gag.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...

Really wonderful ending. My thoughts in spoilers:

Glad Pete pulled his head out of his ass and realized having the perfect family was more important than trying to be Don Draper. I also loved what Pete said to Peggy, one of the best compliments I've ever heard.

The ending for Don/Dick meditating and smiling was slightly cheesy, but I think he just finally hit an emotional bottom and hopefully is going to finally let the past be the past. The scene with him hugging that guy in group therapy that said everything he always wanted to say but was too scared to absolutely destroyed me. So wonderful.

Glad Roger ended up with someone age appropriate! :)

But of all the endings the Peggy and Stan ending was my favorite. I've been saying for ages those two are perfect for each other but never thought Weiner would go for it, it's just too happy. But the scene with Peggy and Stan on the phone goes down as one of my favorite scenes of the series. Elizabeth Moss is just so fantastic, she nailed that scene, I was laughing and tearing up at the same time.