What If I Were Looking For a Complementary HP for The 750..?

Contrastique

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

headphoneseq2.jpg

With a little lot help from my friend I am now the proud owner of the Edition 9 #338. Search is over and me is happydipappy Yihaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :D

So I did went to Hans in the end when it got clear I had been abled to buy it. After a comparism between the 750 and the 9 I made the decision final. Sarjeev, I guess I'll have to pick a song now, I'm just too busy listening haha!

I did also listen to the SPL Phonitor connected to a Naim cdp with the ed9. The setup sounded pretty awesome. High resolution, powerful sound, pretty neutral sound, highly detailed, nice placement of instruments and vocals and it sounded very very controlled.

But keep in mind, I have never heard the Naim cdp, never heard the Phonitor and still have to get to really know the Ed9 and I only listened to 1 album for quite a short time so it's not a real helpfull impression. I did like what I heard however. I listened to "Amused to Death" by Roger Waters as I know the album pretty well.

Wohoaaaa I off listening to God playing in my ears!!!! Kiddy kiddy needs no more eq-ing no no :D

Indra,

Congratulations. I know you have wanted these for a long time. And I am sure you will enjoy them for a long time to come.

I tried to make meth once, I got syrup that smelt like soggy cigarette ashes instead. Not good. So, Dusty, you're gonna have to give me the step by step directions via PM. I don't want competition from other head-casers.

Where is Indra btw? Must be listening to the UE9 non stop for hours on end... Come back and post impressions. Is the 9 all hype + BS or are they worth the $? Me wants to know.

And you owe me a song. Choose one and sing it already. I want to you-tube it for the others to see.... >:(;D

Where is Indra btw? Must be listening to the UE9 non stop for hours on end... Come back and post impressions. Is the 9 all hype + BS or are they worth the $? Me wants to know.

I thought I made the point a while ago - they are nice, just not as amazing as they are made out to be by some folks over at HF.

I thought I made the point a while ago - they are nice, just not as amazing as they are made out to be by some folks over at HF.

Hey, you're not the only one with an opinion ;D

It's too early for me to make decent impressions; they are not fully burned in and neither am I. I do absolutely like them. My search is over. No more eq-ing needed, hollowness is gone, a tad recessed midrange still present but I have to give them more time. I listened to a fully burned in pair paired with the Phonitor and I know source & amp combo can make up for that midrange so no worries on my side.

About that song, still have to work out some practical issues, such as I don't have a videocamera but you can expect something from me soon, a song though...I am not sure... I would kill your ears haha!!

Yeah, have you made any other edicts that we should be aware of so we don't waste our time making up our own minds or hearing anyone else's opinions? :palm:

@Indra, I'm glad you're having a blast with your new toy. Do post some glamor shots and give some short impressions once you're done with 'em.

Was only teasing, no need to sing. (Besides, I need to preserve my hearing... heheh... :P )

BTW, that phonitor gadget whathingamajiggy looks freaky... It looks like it eats headphones for breakfast. >:(

• 1 month later...
Guest Peter Pinna
What!? Peter Pinna says that the Ultrasone PROline 750 Pro Headphones with S-Logic are the most accurate and neutral headphones of all time across all of the sound spectrum! How dare you say the mid-range is "sucked out"!? :indra:

It is truly amazing how much I was misquoted in Head-Fi and now I'm being mis-quoted on yet another website. Voltron, I never said the "Ultrasone Proline 750 Pro Headphones with S-Logic are the most accurate and neutral headphones of all time across all of the sound spectrum!"

What I actually said was (in essence) the Pro 750 Headphones are the most accurate I've ever heard when the sound of audio they play is compared to the sound of that same audio played through "flat" EQ'd high quality studio monitors in an acoustically "neutral" ("flat") room. I never said the Pro 750 headphones, themselves, are a "neutral" ("flat") EQ'd headphone.

:horsey: