Head-Case Fantasy Football

tkam

Raiders made the most bone headed decision this year IMO. Getting Carson Palmer and giving away a first round draft pick next year and possible 2013... Bengals made out like a bandit there.

I respectfully disagree azn.gif

The Bengals did make out but I think the Raiders had to do it to save their season. They truly have a chance to make the playoffs with the momentum they have right now but that ain't happening with Boller or Pryor. I know I'm in the minority in saying this but IMO Carson Palmer is a baller. True his play has declined as of the past few season but chea pass Cinci really didn't do anything to help build a winning squad around him when he was there. Hopefully, Oakland will be a better place for him to revive his career.

However, I agree that two (potentially) first rounders are too much to pay for Palmer though but judging from how the Raiders have decided to spent their first round picks in recent years, maybe it's best they traded them out.

I respectfully disagree azn.gif

The Bengals did make out but I think the Raiders had to do it to save their season. They truly have a chance to make the playoffs with the momentum they have right now but that ain't happening with Boller or Pryor. I know I'm in the minority in saying this but IMO Carson Palmer is a baller. True his play has declined as of the past few season but chea pass Cinci really didn't do anything to help build a winning squad around him when he was there. Hopefully, Oakland will be a better place for him to revive his career.

However, I agree that two (potentially) first rounders are too much to pay for Palmer though but judging from how the Raiders have decided to spent their first round picks in recent years, maybe it's best they traded them out.

They could lose the rest of their games and be in the running to draft Andrew Luck biggrin.png

I agree they do have a shot at the playoffs with some seemingly easy matchups coming up, but I can't see them making it far in the playoffs. But I really wouldn't count on Carson to be a franchise QB in the long run.

They could lose the rest of their games and be in the running to draft Andrew Luck biggrin.png

I agree they do have a shot at the playoffs with some seemingly easy matchups coming up, but I can't see them making it far in the playoffs. But I really wouldn't count on Carson to be a franchise QB in the long run.

Lol...even if they lost all their remaining games, I think either Indy or Miami will still end up getting Luck. biggrin.png

Agreed on them not making it deep into the playoffs. But for a franchise that's been sucking donkey dick for years, making the playoffs will be priceless for their team and their fans. This has been their best 6-game stretch in years and Campbell going down was going to put it all to an abrupt end so they had to really pay the price to have the chance to continue to succeed this year. It hurts to give away 2 first round picks but IMO there's just a big a chance of Palmer busting as the two first round picks busting too.

Edited by raffy

Lol...even if they lost all their remaining games, I think either Indy or Miami will still end up getting Luck. biggrin.png

Agreed on them not making it deep into the playoffs. But for a franchise that's been sucking donkey dick for years, making the playoffs will be priceless for their team and their fans. This has been their best 6-game stretch in years and Campbell going down was going to put it all to an abrupt end so they had to really pay the price to have the chance to continue to succeed this year. It hurts to give away 2 first round picks but IMO there's just a big a chance of Palmer busting as the two first round picks busting too.

That's true forgot both of those teams still with a nill record. Colts GM said he would take Luck if given the chance.

Of course, since I just sent him to the waivers.

Hard to fault you Shelly, ESPN's "analysis" was spot on:

"Ground and Pound" football has sapped any remaining hope of weekly value from Burress. In his past two games, he has four catches on 12 targets combined. Facing a solid defense like the Chargers, he's in for another forgettable day."

rolleyes.gif