Head-Case Fantasy Football

tkam

It's a 12 team league this year so the talent pool is pretty depleted after the first 2 to 3 rounds.  After that you might as well blindly pick and not worry.  Smaller, 8 team leagues end up with super deep highly competitive teams and that's what we had last year.  Except I wasn't very competitive. 

So, my draft was, of course, a fiasco due mostly to my own ineptitude but I also save not a little blame for ESPN.com.  At first, I was having trouble with my queue, just getting it to work with the trackpad.  Fixed that in the nick of time, but not the queue itself, and then somehow I (and the little monkey, he is not without blame) missed the gigantic DRAFT ME button and couldn't figure out how to pick.  So the software autopicks when you run out of time, but then it defaults to Autopick for the very next pick and lo and behold, WE HAD THE VERY NEXT PICK and didn't have time to turn off autopick so we were autofucked.  And, thus, 2 QBs with first 2 picks.

Makes sense that the Boy and I are Jets fans.

• Like 1

I guess on  ESPN it only takes 4 veto votes to veto a trade.  If you guys would prefer to send me a PM with your vote to try for a simple majority, as I am not sure everyone got to vote, to make the decision I guess we can since I just posted about the vote. 

We have never had a vetoed trade, even though Brent's trade last year was dramatically more lopsided than this one if I remember correctly.

I guess on ESPN it only takes 4 veto votes to veto a trade. If you guys would prefer to send me a PM with your vote to try for a simple majority, as I am not sure everyone got to vote, to make the decision I guess we can since I just posted about the vote.

We have never had a vetoed trade, even though Brent's trade last year was dramatically more lopsided than this one if I remember correctly.

More lopsided you said, but I wound up taking the players I traded for and winning that league. I was autodrafted 6 RBs this time around. I hate RBs, such a barbaric and archaic form of transportation. 4 is plenty.

**BRENT**

But you threw off the balance of the league by trading a 2nd and 4th round pick for something like a 8 and 11th round pick, thereby giving someone extra high level draft picks.  Just because Peyton carried you through to a win does not mean it was a good trade.

Brent - I think the real issue people have is that the trade doesn't tangibly give you any value. Backup QB's add zero value outside of bye weeks. Todd drafted WR, WR, WR the first 3 rounds which naturally created an imbalance for him at RB. That trade would allow him to re-balance his team without sacrificing any of the strength he already has.

That's what makes trading complicated. I offered a group of guys to Dinny for Brees in attempt to trade my bench strength for a serious need. He wants a legit RB1 or WR1 [as well he should]. I need to seriously think about whether I want to do that or not - I drafted this year with QB as a low priority, but if I trade away a WR1, I'm essentially negating my draft strategy.

Edited by Aura

My draft strategy was to realize that I had a draft at 830, at 1130. I wound up with 6 RBs. I had gone ahead and set my lineup, and I was trading two people off my bench for two people off someone else's bench. One of my guys wouldn't have been benched every week, but he wasn't a starter out of the gate. Cutler is a sentimental pick, and I wanted to shore up my TE space. I'm OK with new guys and old guys. I could have done a WR instead of TE, probably, but I was fine with the trade I accepted.

Doesn't matter now.

**BRENT**