Car Audio Anyone?

naamanf

To anyone that may be interested in pursuing this, all that silver damping material in the link is really what makes the system shine, imo.

I'd rather have $100 speakers and $500 worth of damping mat installed than $500 speakers and $100 damping mat installed. Its really critical in cars. Most car doors have incredibly thin and resonant metal. The stock speaker mounting points are usually directly coupled to all that metal.

Just my 2 cents.

Used to be. Still have cdt/image dynamics/kenwood in my car but with all the soundproofing a car needs and other things rather put time/money elsewhere. After listening to my headphone setup I went in my car and realized it need some work! Beautiful work on your truck. How does it sound?

It sounds very good but do to the fact it's a truck, it will never be a two seat car. I much prefer to listen to music in my car than in my house. But then again I need to seriously upgrade my house set-up.

To anyone that may be interested in pursuing this, all that silver damping material in the link is really what makes the system shine, imo.

I'd rather have $100 speakers and $500 worth of damping mat installed than $500 speakers and $100 damping mat installed. Its really critical in cars. Most car doors have incredibly thin and resonant metal. The stock speaker mounting points are usually directly coupled to all that metal.

Just my 2 cents.

Getting rid of all the resonance and vibrations definitely is a large part of getting it to sound good. Speaker placement also plays a large amount into it. Great speakers in a crappy location will sound like crap. You also need a good crossover/eq to fix things that placement/enclosure design can not. I think that's part of the reason I like it because it's a real challenge to get things right.