Burning Amp!

aerius

A heads-up for those in the San Francisco area, The Burning Amp Festival, featuring Nelson Pass, Siegfried Linkwitz and lots of other cool guys. It should be one hell of a treat for anyone in the area who can make it, lots of cool stuff and there'll probably be enough tech talk to make your head spin. It's a great chance to hang out, listen to great gear, and learn more things in one day than you ever thought possible.

I'd second the comments of the the OP.

I attended last years burning amp and had a great time. Given the its origins via diyaudio.com emphasis was on DIY, for sources, amps and speakers. There was an international contingent, and some serious effort had been expended on what was on display (including prior all-nighters to get things up and running in time - the solder was still warm on some of the equipment). The attendees were a great bunch, and a good time was had by all.

The venue looks even nicer this time, having several rooms, and I won't even have to cross a bridge to get there.

I put forward the idea to Voltron/Al that since it is happening on a sunday, I could host a head-case/other place related meet on the saturday, for those that were in the area, and interested in the headphone side of things, since I'm just up the road, and my apartment complex has a 600 sq ft rec room we could use for the meet.

In any event the weekend should be a lot of fun.

Time flies, Grahame! It seemed far off in the future when you mentioned this over the summer. Burning Amp looks wacky, but I don't really know what goes on there. We'll have to talk.

Should we have a full-on meet that saturday at your place or should we keep it smaller? Claire is out of town, so I will have kid duty but can work around that.

Time flies, Grahame! It seemed far off in the future when you mentioned this over the summer. Burning Amp looks wacky, but I don't really know what goes on there. We'll have to talk.

Should we have a full-on meet that saturday at your place or should we keep it smaller? Claire is out of town, so I will have kid duty but can work around that.

I've just reserved the Rec. Room for "All Day" Saturday October 18th, so that's the venue secured. We just need to decide on the format, and the synergy with Burning Amp. Only a month and a half to go ...

Good work Grahame! I wonder if we will all end up piled into your apt. talking amps with Mikhail late into the night again...

As far as format goes, I think it would be a good time to plan for a real meet. Doesn't have to be promoted too heavily and if the usual suspects show up then it would be good.