Southern California CAN MEET 10/18/08

-- Provisional Meet --

It has been far too long since Southern California had a headphone meet. We are the largest headphone community on Head-Fi and the 2009 Can-Jam host city. I hosted the last two big So Cal meets and we're long overdue for another get-together. One of the main challenges hosting a meet in Los Angeles is the cost of the meeting space. My proposal is an advance ticket purchase event. Most meets collect money at the event to cover costs with members usually contributing $10-$20. So rather than passing the hat at the meet and hope we cover our costs, I am asking people contribute up front. In order to make this event a reality, advance ticket sales must reach 20 tickets and two trade members need to commit to attend by September 10, 2008. This is the minimum guaranteed attendance to seed the event before that date to move forward.

Date: Saturday, October 18, 2008*

Time: 10:00AM to 6:30PM*

Members: $15 per admission ticket*

Member of the Trade: $89 per table*

The hotel offers free shuttle service from LAX, running every 30 minutes for folks flying to the meet. We've contracted a special room rate of $99* per night, just mention

Edited by n_maher

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

David, great of you to do this. I'm in and can help as needed. Just let me know what you need me to do. I'd rather not have something that requires me to drive to LA though. Getting there once for the meet will be plenty. However, I've heard that tyrion is good at these kinds of things. You might want to ping him. :angel:

If someone is thinking about driving from norcal to socal and I can mooch a ride I'm interested ;p

Some of us SoCal guys have made several trips to Bay Area meets to harass the locals. So this is your opportunity for some payback :D

I would be great to see a number of you down here. I know more NorCal guys than I do SoCal guys--and I don't want to be lonely.

You could carpool in one car and tow a great big trailer behind for all the gear.

And David, I already counted myself in on the other site.

Wait. Can't we get Greg to donate a couple of cases of wine? Then it would definitely be worth having. :D

he's certainly welcome to bring something nice to share with a select few.

not necessarily that one.

wow, i'm significantly less round in the face, now.

but that's a really good headshot. ;D

fuck shit, i might attend, then.

you should.

Oh, I am in as long as I don't have to do anything, bring anything or attend any meetings.

i am trying to greatly reduce the pre-meet legwork, if not nearly eliminate it. this isn't one of those crazy studio meets or the upcoming canjam 09.

I think this one would fetch more if David wanted big bucks on a raffle!

photo8ef3.jpg

tenderized meet :D

it's far enough in the future that it's something of a possibility. anyone have suggestions on getting cheap airfare?

Cheap Flights, Cheap Hotels, Cheap Airfare, Airline Tickets, Travel Deals - SideStep

And damn, right now I could go round trip, non-stop for $240. Too bad there's no way I can make the meet, let's hope fares are that low for CJ '09.

Edited by n_maher