Southern California CAN MEET 10/18/08

Aw nuts, I'm not so sure I'll be making it out for this one. Just looked at flights and the only airline not charging for 1 checked bag (Frontier), which I would probably need, doesn't have enough flight time options.

I hate the other airlines for charging $15 for 1 checked bag... :mad:

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aw nuts, I'm not so sure I'll be making it out for this one. Just looked at flights and the only airline not charging for 1 checked bag (Frontier), which I would probably need, doesn't have enough flight time options.

That would stop you from traveling? :confused:

That would stop you from traveling? :confused:

Well not really, it is only $15, but the idea of paying $15 for 1 checked bag gets under my skin and I don't want to support The Man. This is airway robbery!!! :P

And technically these airlines are charging $15 for each way so that's $30 for a round-trip which just plain sucks! It's one bag! $30 to take one bag for a round-trip flight! :mad:

Cheap Flights, Cheap Hotels, Cheap Airfare, Airline Tickets, Travel Deals - SideStep

And damn, right now I could go round trip, non-stop for $240. Too bad there's no way I can make the meet and remain married, let's hope fares are that low for the boss will let me go to CJ '09.

FIFY

Just leave your gear behind and enjoy the meet. That's what I do when I have to fly to a meet.

FIFY

Just leave your gear behind and enjoy the meet. That's what I do when I have to fly to a meet.

Ken's right. Just bring your cans and come, your presence and company is all that matters. We can never have too many cool Fiers and Casers.

anyone thinking about flying should check priceline & hotwire....

Columbus, OH (CMH) → Los Angeles, CA (LAX)

$226 Round-Trip (only two left)

American Airlines, No Booking Fee on this flight

Leaving Friday -- Returning on Sunday...

and Denver, CO (DEN) → Los Angeles, CA (LAX) (on priceline and hotwire)

$199 round-trup

American Airlines

Leaving Friday -- Returning on Sunday...

Well not really, it is only $15, but the idea of paying $15 for 1 checked bag gets under my skin and I don't want to support The Man. This is airway robbery!!! :P

And technically these airlines are charging $15 for each way so that's $30 for a round-trip which just plain sucks! It's one bag! $30 to take one bag for a round-trip flight! :mad:

Yeah its a rip off, yeah its a bummer, and yeah it is lining up to be a very good meet. Do you want to miss that? Pack you headphones, a toothbrush and come. It always good to see you at meets.

Cheap Flights, Cheap Hotels, Cheap Airfare, Airline Tickets, Travel Deals - SideStep

And damn, right now I could go round trip, non-stop for $240. Too bad there's no way I can make the meet, let's hope fares are that low for CJ '09.

Jesus I just checked out rates flying out of Manch, that's cheap as hell. I always paid around $600 round trip flying into LAX in the peak seasons :mad:

edit: never mind I don't think those prices include gas tax, airport tax and whatever other shit they hit you with.

Edited by deepak