Cheap desktop speaker stands

Fungi

those 5.5 ones stable?

Good point, it's only supported by one piece of wood. :palm:

They are pictured in their correct orientation, so they look like they are lying on their side but they are not. Seems pretty stable to me. The main question would be whether your speaker is wide enough to sit on the two end pieces.

wt.jpg

phone books are cheap and plentiful.

I'm trying to avoid the ghetto look.

They are pictured in their correct orientation, so they look like they are lying on their side but they are not. Seems pretty stable to me. The main question would be whether your speaker is wide enough to sit on the two end pieces.

You're right, and my speakers need a 5x6 base minimum.

• 1 month later...
Never mind, the 5.5" stands on that same site will do. :P

those 5.5 ones stable?

Good point, it's only supported by one piece of wood. :palm:

I am using these for my monitor speakers, and the stands are very stable and well made. They are sitting on my desk. The speaker platform is supported by two pieces of wood. I got the black ones.

Amazing what delegating work can do, isn't it? I've been buried in work for the last six months and spent the whole of July on a globetrotting business trip. I'm just starting to get back to all things headphones after being away for most of the year.

Anyone care for a $20 15 minute camel ride? No, I'm not a terrorist.

file_down.asp?redirect=%2F220024%2F2008%2F9%2F17%2F35%2F20080917001654%5F40075074%287%29%2Ejpg

• 9 months later...

Debated about bumping this since there's probably no interest, but I'm being irrational tonight.

I have the Wood-Technology 8" stands Fungi linked to in post #1, and can vouch for 'em. The black finish is actually pretty decent on them; I've seen them going for cheap lately in a few places so's I didn't expect much. Figure most of you would probably go the DYI route, but these aren't bad for the price if you don't want to do any woodworking of your own.

8" is just about perfect to get the tweeters on my A5s up to ear-level, and they're purdier than the stack of phonebooks I had previously.

Attached: world's shittiest picture.

post-1614-12951154131152_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

;D There's actually an immaculate, white, nub-free wireless apple mighty mouse behind my computer stand. It was banished to that desktop Siberia a few weeks back when the scrollball/clitmouse thingy stopped functioning for the 3207 time in two years.

The intellimouse had acquired an interesting patina over the last 8 or so years, but it still works like buttah.