Grado GS-1000 on its way...rite now!!!

bhd812

The first tender of the order has been shipped from Grado Labs to everyones house directly!!!!!

its on the way rite now!

will they live up to my ears? will they do as good as everyone says they are?

we shall find out...soon....very very soon!

you know Earl...

If there anything like the rs-1 i am going to rip them a new ass! but if they really are a big change in a different rs1 direction it should be all good!

of course given the time frame and all, i should have them at a cincci meet if i can get off of work so you can play with them all you want..lol

When did you get a custom title, Billy? I mean, it's not the best, but it's still a custom title...

I want one! Maybe a littile nicer though...

that's shows the fanboyism and professionalism the moderators of this forum dont it?

i already pm'ed epikwatever about it..i really dont think Tyll and his cry baby ways should have anything in my title here...but that's besides the point of this post..

lets talk about the gs-1000!!!!

Guest sacd lover

I will be honest .... I saw that 17db treble spike in the headroom graph and I backed out. I want to see some member input before I drop the $$$$ green on a pair any time soon. Some dont see the graphs from headroom as particularly useful but my ears seem to agree with them frequently. I am intensely bothered by the 12db spike in the old beyer dt880's .... so the gs1000's make me especially skeptical about how we would get along. :-\

Guest sacd lover

Billy, do you still have the GSX to try them out with or did you get the amp sold? I am curious how the grado's would do with the headamp designs. ???

Billy, do you still have the GSX to try them out with or did you get the amp sold? I am curious how the grado's would do with the headamp designs. ???

I believe one of the design goals of the Gilmore Dynamic was to properly drive Grado's, so I'm thinking it's going to work very well...

well I am shipping the gsx out tomorrow so...

Hopfully the gs1000 come in before..not likely but maybe.

I can take a good guess about the gsx sound using my hr2 (from memory) if you like?

Guest sacd lover

well I am shipping the gsx out tomorrow so...

Hopfully the gs1000 come in before..not likely but maybe.

I can take a good guess about the gsx sound using my hr2 (from memory) if you like?

Sure! But with no GSX I may get a better idea from a raptor/ gs1000 combo. I like the raptor but the HR-2 and my ears dont get along.

I will be nice to get some more impressions of the GS-1000.

Earl, my concerns were at the other end of the spectrum -- I suspect they have a bit too much bass for me (like the PS-1s)

I hope we can get a pair for the next Cinci meet.

they only have as much bass as the ps-1 when you put non-bagel pads on there. with the bagels, it's totally cool.

In my short experience at the NYC nat meet, they were really sensitive to positioning around my ears regarding bass. I did not find it extremely pronounced, however, my impressions were using a Dynamight, which has very controlled bass. I wonder how would they perform with other amps... I am sure we'll know soon enough once more guys start getting them.