Welcome -=ChildoftheHorn=-

justin

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Put on your flame-suit germ. Thick skins are mandatory.

You *will* be called on all bullshit.

And, you can certainly say "fuck" here.

For example: fuck, fuck fuck fuck.

Now: there is no such thing as nearly neutral.

There is neutral or not neutral.

However, there is also no such thing as neutral.

Its a concept, simply something to strive for.

I would say that the Pico is the best IEM amp on the market - bar none.

None of the other high end amps seem to really get a clean nearly neutral sound for IEM's.

I have to disagree here. At least in its stock setting, for me the Pico has some noise when using IEMs. I don't recall if Justin can or will adjust the gain for them, and I don't really care. Its not there with full headphones though, and they sound terrific. As do PX100's, which are not full sized headphones.

It is OK, people are entitled to their opinions.

Although I have no idea where some of you got the idea that I am some Huge Hamburger eating, milkshake drinking, bitch?

Guys, I am a size 14 - not a 20 and I have been losing weight on a program (WW). Plus, I got big boobs - so fuck you! :P

FYI: I try a lot of what seems like stupid stuff just for the sake of it :palm: - sometimes though - it does sound better than before. I just make sure that it is something that won't kill anything first. Yep - no dead equipment ----yet......

Ardvaark - What IEMs are you using - Cables and Source?

I have found that many headphones outs can be pretty noisy if you are using it portably that way.

There also may be a grounding thing going on because I notice nothing if I have something plugged into the input.

Orange is my favorite color. I don't look good in orange clothing so I like to get orange things instead...I damn near shit a brick when they came out with the orange iPod Shuffle... never thought that would happen. If they ever make an orange full size iPod, I'm all over it. I just find the color fun and soothing. Got me an orange Lava Lamp at home too :)

I like orange shit, and penguins.

They're getting closer... just released an orange nano. :cool:

Ardvaark - What IEMs are you using - Cables and Source?

I have found that many headphones outs can be pretty noisy if you are using it portably that way.

There also may be a grounding thing going on because I notice nothing if I have something plugged into the input.

Shure e.530s. I've never had anything plugged into the input. Its always just been used as a dac/amp from my laptop and/or desktop. I should try that sometime, I didnt think of that. Cables = whatever USB cable I have lying around for the desktop, or the short USB cable that I requested with the Pico. And the headphones. And in this case, the Pico is the source, since I have the dac/amp model.