PS-1s for sale on the 'Bay

Knuckledragger

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nenso is confusing the issue because the guy selling on eBay is a friend of John Grado's and he has sold maybe 5 pairs of JG's personal stock. Agree with grawk that these are not part of the 48 pairs Todd/TTVJ sold.

waddragon/Lobster_King selling his pair on Audiogon is just a headphone owner selling a used pair on the open market. He doesn't have 30 pairs, he is not related to John Grado in any way, and he is a douchebag when it comes to selling gear.

Assuming that the person named Lobster_King was simply waddragon again, I asked about a pair of HE60s he had on Agon. He got back to me with more drivel so I went to look at his ad again and it had changed from the HE60 to some component or other. When I asked him about it, he said he was avoiding Agon listing fees by simply deleting the HE60 text from his ad and changing it to the component because an alleged buyer had backed out. Gee, I wonder why anyone would think twice about dealing with him.

[Although I do not believe anybody has actually been scammed by him, I think his multiple screen names and Audiogon seller personalities, and his bidding for/commenting on his own gear under other screen names on HF is enough to condemn him as a seller.]

He was the one who had two nicks on HF right? The other name was "lucky star" or some sheeeet like that right?

Wow, I didn't know he was also "Lobster_King" too...

I read somewhere on HF where people were mixing up "Lobster_King" and "LobsterSan". Just for the benefit of those who don't know, they are not the same people. LobsterSan is a nice person to deal with. I have no idea about Lobster_King though. Just putting the info out there.

I think this is just because they are John Grado's and are new. There was a PS-1 listed on Audiogon (by one of waadragon's many screenames) for around $2600.

edit: AudiogoN ForSale: Grado PS1 headphone in pristine conditio

It's the same guy selling them on craigslist and has a couple pair of HP-2's as well.I would pick them up if i had the cash.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/ele/874738702.html

Hard to blame the guy for a little carpe diem, isn't it?

Yeah, I guess you're right Nate. I wonder though, these PS1s that he is selling, are they old stock sitting around or is he manufacturing/hand crafting them/whatever them in very small batches... or what?

I was thinking today, I wonder if they sound exactly like the original PS1s or not? *Just thinking out loud...* :confused:

@Dan, I dunno, just had this weird "What If" kinda thought going through my mind, what if he was using a current production Grado driver and tweaked it a little to sound like the PS1? I mean, we would never know unless we spend $4k to get those and then get one of the old ones to compare side by side...

I know, I know, its silly and preposterous... but like I said... I was just thinking out aloud.... what if... :P

I have weird thoughts running through my mind sometimes... :palm:

@Dan, I dunno, just had this weird "What If" kinda thought going through my mind, what if he was using a current production Grado driver and tweaked it a little to sound like the PS1?

You mean like if John Grado had a bunch of free systems enclosures lying around and a bunch of gs1k drivers, and then tweaked those drivers...

Biggie.

I wonder why Grado won't just release 'another run'

Simple, because this way, he can get $4k a pop. :P

I still remember when the a used PS-1 was around $900 in 2004.

I wish I knew back then about the existence of HF and HC.

Back in 2004 I was happily enjoying my stock Creative mp3 player earbuds and my $30 panasonic earbuds... :palm: