Head-Case NFL Thread

riceboy

I thought we should start a thread of just NFL news, comments, insights, opinions, and team fanfare.

I'll start off. The Niners this week has finally beat the Seahawks at their home turf. Last year it was miserable with them scoring just 3 points total in their two meetings. This year the offense is much improved with Mike Martz out there commanding and leading the troops down the field. Also with the addition of J T O'Sullivan as quarterback in the mix has been a blessing. The ball gets there as soon as the receivers are breaking. In the past the receiver would have to wait after they are done with their route for the ball to get there at times. I'm just happy that this year there is real progress and the Niners are improved. Here's to hoping they can take the NFC West, but the Cardinals seem to me the team to beat. I felt that way before the season started and it seems that way right now. Go Niners! :)

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find it amazing that the Reid and McNabb have been together for so long. Almost 10 years?

Yeah. I didn't know that until they mentioned it on MNF. It is pretty amazing to have a tandem like that for so long. Reminds me of Montana and Walsh. You don't find that in the league as much as in the past.

Well I'm happy that the Niners beat the Lions. Since Martz left the Lions and took J. T. O Sullivan with him the Niners have been flourishing on Offense. It was so hard to watch them last year as they were on the bottom in Offense. Right now Gore is having a great year and the wide receivers are actually getting passes down the field. But now they got the pass happy Saints, New England, and the Eagles (ouch) upcoming.

On a seperate note how about the Dolphins winning at Foxboro. You go Ronnie Brown. I wouldn't have guessed that. I feel that the offense for the Pats have helped out the defense of the Pats for years, and it showed this week as the O couldn't get it going. Well the Pats get a bye so they can regroup for the next week.

Also, the Cowboys IMHO are the best team in the NFL right now. As the Eagles win against the Steelers and get Big Ben for 8 sacks. We'll see how the season progresses but the Cowboys are one tough team.

Shitty game for my Steelers yesterday, I was concerned about the offensive line but come on that was pitiful....

Yeah it was. I like Big Ben as well :(. I knew that the Defense coordinator for the Eagles Jim Johnson was going to bring it with the blitzes, but yeah 8 sacks is quite a bit. I don't care if you are the Pats with Brady in their, if your QB gets sacked 8 times, then you know he is getting hurried and flushed out of the pocket as well. I couldn't believe that he got sacked 6 times in the first half alone. They did adjust in the second half with 2 sacks on Big Ben and 1 on Leftwich. The pressure packages that the Eagles were bringing just couldn't be stopped. I hope they rebound at home against the Ravens.

When Brady first was injured, I was actually kind of excited to see how the Patriots might do. There wasn't much suspense watching them most of last year, and I was thinking that this year could actually be fun, going week to week with no idea if they could compete or not. This weekend made me realize that I truely was spoiled last season and that my NFL season all but ended 8 minutes into game 1. Don't get me wrong, I'll still watch... I mean, I watched them go 1-15 in 1990 and still tuned in every week. But I'm not excited about it, won't necessarily plan my Sundays around catching the game, and definitely won't be keeping up with the latest news during the week.

When Brady first was injured, I was actually kind of excited to see how the Patriots might do. There wasn't much suspense watching them most of last year, and I was thinking that this year could actually be fun, going week to week with no idea if they could compete or not. This weekend made me realize that I truely was spoiled last season and that my NFL season all but ended 8 minutes into game 1. Don't get me wrong, I'll still watch... I mean, I watched them go 1-15 in 1990 and still tuned in every week. But I'm not excited about it, won't necessarily plan my Sundays around catching the game, and definitely won't be keeping up with the latest news during the week.

Not too mention the Pats defensive line is looking not so hot. Of course I'll still watch. I wish I did fantasy with some friends this year.

Not too mention the Pats defensive line is looking not so hot.

Really? I thought the 3 guys up front were the only real highlight. Even Mayo had an off game, and he's been great. The line was tying up blockers and the linebackers and d-backs couldn't do a damn thing to fill the running lanes. Or cover anyone. :palm:

I wish I did fantasy with some friends this year.

Ugh. I hate fantasy.

Ugh. I hate fantasy.

Why? Just curious really. I kind of like it since it gets me cheering for other teams and players that I wouldn't really care about if I wasn't playing fantasy :). Since I'm in Hawaii they only show the big games of the week so it keeps them interesting for me to watch. Right now I'm in a dead heat with someone going into Monday night. The score is 133.04 to his 133.20. I have two players starting tonight and he has one. I'm excited for the game tonight :dance:

Why? Just curious really. I kind of like it since it gets me cheering for other teams and players that I wouldn't really care about if I wasn't playing fantasy.

Well, I don't care for getting caught up in the stats. But what you said there is it most of all... I hate the idea of cheering for teams for fantasy stuff. I want the other three AFC East teams to lose every week... Not just lose, but get shut out. I want teams that the Patriots have ongoing rivalries with to lose badly. Again, every week. For me, being a football fan is having everything relate to the team I cheer for, and the idea of undermining that by cheering for Jets players, or Colts, or Chargers? No f'ing way!

I see it a bit differently. I'm not really cheering for the teams per say, more the players :D (but I know what you're talking about)

For me the fun is being really involved in it with close friends and being able to call them up and heckle them when they had a bad week, the message board trash talk was hilarious. I remember so many great fantasy playoff weeks... not really as much fun when everyone has moved all over the country.

I see it a bit differently. I'm not really cheering for the teams per say, more the players :D (but I know what you're talking about)

And I know what you're saying... It's just that if Peyton Manning was the best quarterback available during a draft, and that's my pick, by extension the Colts kind of have to do well. Just not something I could ever get excited about. Football pick pools? That's a different story.

For me the fun is being really involved in it with close friends and being able to call them up and heckle them when they had a bad week, the message board trash talk was hilarious. I remember so many great fantasy playoff weeks...

Where I just call friends up and heckle and harass them for no reason at all :D

I'm pretty sure I cheered when I saw the Brady injury :indra:

As to fantasy, I think it's a fun addition and it has brought new fans to the game but some people take it way too seriously which happens with everything.

Where I get a kick out of seeing someone crash their motorcylcle into a car get the crap knocked out of them but they can still get up, and just play like crap because they're rattled.

And yes, the crazy fantasy people further turn me off from it.

For me the fun is being really involved in it with close friends and being able to call them up and heckle them when they had a bad week, the message board trash talk was hilarious. I remember so many great fantasy playoff weeks... not really as much fun when everyone has moved all over the country.

Yeah I like playing against friend for sure. It is what makes the Fantasy league fun.

Well, I don't care for getting caught up in the stats. But what you said there is it most of all... I hate the idea of cheering for teams for fantasy stuff. I want the other three AFC East teams to lose every week... Not just lose, but get shut out. I want teams that the Patriots have ongoing rivalries with to lose badly. Again, every week. For me, being a football fan is having everything relate to the team I cheer for, and the idea of undermining that by cheering for Jets players, or Colts, or Chargers? No f'ing way!

I understand what you are saying for sure. Right now I have an NFC West player on my team and it is hard to cheer for em. I like yourself want everyone in my division to lose so when the Cardinals lost against the Redskins I was quite happy. Well one of the teams you don't like will have to lose tonight between the Jets and Chargers. On a happy note for you the Colts lost in a heartbreaker at home.

So it was the Skins over the Cowboys and Buffalo off to a 4 - 0 start. Wow. My team didn't do so good. If you are hurried 26 out of 29 pass attempts then don't count on the offense doing well :palm:. I hope the Niners can figure out how to protect their QB more. The Bengals have a similar issue as well.

QB protection is a big issue for the Steelers as well, they'll have no running game till Parker gets back since Mendenhall is out for the year now and they lost their only decent offensive lineman for the year as well.

Oh well at least they beat the Ravens. I hate the Ravens

QB protection is a big issue for the Steelers as well, they'll have no running game till Parker gets back since Mendenhall is out for the year now and they lost their only decent offensive lineman for the year as well.

Oh well at least they beat the Ravens. I hate the Ravens

I can see why you don't like them since they were up 4 to 5 until last night when playing the Steelers. The QB protection showed when the Eagles were blitzing like crazy and hitting Ben and sacking him 6 times in the 2nd quarter. Our teams both need to revamp our O line big time.