Head-Case NFL Thread

riceboy

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Finally, the Niner Organization has gotten rid of Nolan. IMHO Nolan had ever opportunity last year and this year. The Yorks (owner of the Niners) brought in the players he asked for. Heck, they even have Martz now as the Offensive coordinator which is a heck better than being last on offense like last year. He is supposed to be a defensive genius and he did a good job at Baltimore, but the defense for the Niners have been subpar IMO.

Now for the new coarch; I have a deep respect for Mike Singletary. Not sure if he is ready for a head coaching roll, but I am very happy he got the nod. :)

• 3 weeks later...

The last drive was a disaster after the Hill to Hill completion. When they were down on the 2 with 44 seconds they took 24 seconds to spike the ball. For some reason and I'm not sure who called this, but they decided to change personnel instead of just running up to the line and spiking the ball. Also I just saw this article which is making more sense on why they called that FB draw (which I didn't like that call as I think Gore should have had the ball if they really wanted to run it). But the article linked explains a lot for me as to what was some of the confusion. I hope they can take the positives of that game and move forward. Overall, watching that game really hit me with a sick and disappointing feeling :(. I do like how Singletary got his guys really to play against a divisional opponent with the best Offense in the NFL that was supposed to steam roll over the Niner defense.

Singletary: Officiating confusion hampered 49ers in ugly loss

• 4 weeks later...

Well my team last week broke the trend of West Coast teams being 0 - 15 when traveling to the East Coast.

This week they beat the Jets who are 8 - 4 and the Niners at 4 - 8. I think this win will probably give the nod to Singletary to be Head Coach next year. They really are playing to the end more than they used to under Nolan.

• 6 months later...

Man, I'm a Houston fan. I just saw Morey begging Marcin Gortat to come be their starting center.

As for Cutler, I liked him before the whole fiasco, but now he's just a whiney diabetic who's not even good as Rivers. Maybe if Brandon Marshall signs with the Bears, I'll get on that bandwagon, but as of now, I don't see them doing much next season. ;)

Man, I'm a Houston fan. I just saw Morey begging Marcin Gortat to come be their starting center.

As for Cutler, I liked him before the whole fiasco, but now he's just a whiney diabetic who's not even good as Rivers. Maybe if Brandon Marshall signs with the Bears, I'll get on that bandwagon, but as of now, I don't see them doing much next season. ;)

Whiny diabetic or not, he's the closest thing the Bears have had to a real QB since Sid Luckman, so the giddiness of Bears fans is understandable, even if it's unwarranted. If the Bears stink, it will be (IMO) because the D. Urlacher was pretty mediocre after neck surgery, Mike Brown is gone, and Peanut is playing out of position. In that sense, Tommie Harris is more important than Cutler.

I really feel for you guys >:D

Lifelong Lion fan. Lions = FAIL. The best I can ever hope for is mediocrity. As long as William Clay Ford owns the team the Lions will never be a top team. Doubt I'll have to eat those words, and I'll be all too happy to if I'm proven wrong.