Head-Case NFL Thread

riceboy

Well after a few more drafts you guys might get better.

We've been rebuilding for two decades. We've had lots of high draft picks. Seems to me if you keep doing the same things over and over, expecting different results, then you're an :asshat: That accurately describes the Lions.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

OK, just a random tidbit that has nothing to do with anything, but I thought it was interesting as hell:

Usain Bolt's 100m translates to a 3.82s 40 time. I honestly didn't think it was humanly possible to get under 4 seconds.

For reference: fastest official NFL combine 40 was Bo Jackson's 4.17, and fastest with digital stopwatches is Chris Johnson's 4.24.

OK, just a random tidbit that has nothing to do with anything, but I thought it was interesting as hell:

Usain Bolt's 100m translates to a 3.82s 40 time. I honestly didn't think it was humanly possible to get under 4 seconds.

For reference: fastest official NFL combine 40 was Bo Jackson's 4.17, and fastest with digital stopwatches is Chris Johnson's 4.24.

Bolt is damn fast for sure. In the NFL he the week in and out schedule would kill him. Didn't know that about Chris Johnson though :eek:

How did you get that number?

You can't accurately translate 100m times to 40 yard times. Just not possible without more information.

Actually, you don't get to use starting blocks in a 40 yard dash IIRC. This should be a pretty big difference.

Yeah, and there's also variations in track speed. And the dude ran 100m instead of 40yd. And he didn't get 3 shots at it. And a host of other things. Yes, I realize it's not a perfectly ideal comparison. ;) Tack on an extra .2s if you must.