Recommend cordless drill

guzziguy

Ridgid has a lifetime battery warranty. We use a Ridgid LiIon 18V drill to drill holes in the scutes of snapping turtles. It was funny when we took in one of the old batteries for replacement and we were explaining that the rather large gashes in the battery casing were where a snapper or two decided to take a bite. This had less to do with the battery issues than the wet environment did. We never had a problem with battery replacement.

:D

Yeah Nate, this combo was $199.00. The drill alone was $159.00, so the combo was a no brainer. There is a double life battery option available for $118.00, but it's twice the size of the stock battery, and the stock battery has a decent life.

My 36v DeWalt batteries are like $150.00 ea., and my 24v Bosch are over a C-note. Sometimes it makes more sense financially to buy a whole new drill, although that's not a very Green alternative.

Sometimes it makes more sense financially to buy a whole new drill, although that's not a very Green alternative.

I remember my step-father doing something similar with a laser printer few years back. I don't remember the brand or model, but the particular printer came with 2 toners and it was cheaper for him to buy a whole new printer (w/ 2 included toners) than to just buy 2 new toners. At one point, he had three of these printers.

I was not aware of the Ridgid lifetime battery warranty. My tool repairman told me to avoid all Ridgid cordless tools when they first came out. He said the batteries were blowing up, and very early in their life cycle. I imagine they've resolved this problem by now, and this may have something to do with the decision to offer this warranty. The only problem I see is that batteries change so frequently now, so availability might still be limited, once your drill gets a little old. Nice incentive at any rate.