Powerful headamp for orthos?

Smeggy

Nonsense.

http://www.nisbeth.dk/uffe/files/headfi/mcubed-bom.xls

That'll get you started on a BOM for the amp. You gotta learn at some point. :)

Bah, I hate you ;D

Ok, I'll buy them. If I fuck it all up it'll be on your head, and If I get killed, are you sure your conscience can live with it?

EDIT:

waidaminit, I'm not doing this unless I have a complete idiot proof list of all parts including everything I'd need for the PSU as well. That's what got me flummoxed with the Gainclone.

I can't leave anything parts-wise to chance or I just know it'll never get done.

Is the PSU similar to the Beta 22 one?

Smeggy:

Maybe we can barter some skill sets :) Do you have a price range in mind?

Hmm, I was only looking at about $200-250 as I'm way too broke for more than that. That's why I was looking at the DV Figaro or similar and also why I'm now into cheap but good phones and DIY-ing them up. The M^3 parts including PSU would come in just under the radar and I'm still pondering that one. I certainly couldn't afford anyone building one for me.

I'm also looking into the potential of doing a swap of one of my K1000s for a good amp like a Beta 22.

It would be very nice to have both an M^3 and a Beta 22 as work and home rigs and they'd be powerful enough to drive everything I have from the K1000 to 'Stats, 'trets and orthos. That's pretty much my dream setup, well, that and eventually a good USB DAC too as funds allow.

I couldn't wish for better. *dreams a happy dream* :D

yeah, Steve has a set. I'd need the lower impedance versions. I'm consider ransoming his new phono preamp for them.

Yeah I have an extra set of 32 ohm. I thought I already told you they were yours for the asking? I'll send them along soon.

Sorta need to know what load the orthos will present to the amp to know if an M