True Blood

elnero

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh it's by the six feet under guy? I watched the first two. It is okay I guess, doesn't really blow me away.

Lots of good TV around right now, but I am super anticipating the return of Breaking Bad I think that's my favorite new series in 2008 (New to me). That and Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip which for sure isn't 2008.

Yeah I'm really sad studio 60 is gone.

I am a huge West Wing fan. I don't think necessarily studio 60 is as good as the 4 sorkin seasons of West Wing (I only recently found out that he didn't have a hand in the latter ones, the ones where my interest starting waning)... but it is very good.

I think a problem many people have is that sorkin kinda sucked at writing sketch comedy which is a critical component of making people feel immersed in the sketch comedy studio experience. Actually I am not a fan of sketch comedy so I couldn't really tell if he sucked at it or not, but I'm told he did. What I liked about the show and Sorkin in general is intelligent characters with good witty humor and great dialogue/chemistry. There was that in spades :)

It's funny I saw a pre-air of the first episode a few months back, it was missing a few shots and stuff but the most notable difference is the friend is a completely different girl now. Same thing happened with bionic woman when I saw the pre-air of that the sister was a completely different girl.

It's funny I saw a pre-air of the first episode a few months back, it was missing a few shots and stuff but the most notable difference is the friend is a completely different girl now. Same thing happened with bionic woman when I saw the pre-air of that the sister was a completely different girl.

Yeah, when I heard the friend was re-cast I was looking forward to seeing who they'd get, hoping she'd be less annoying. Little did I know that they'd find someone that's about 10x more annoying. Ugh. I hope they recast because the original girl got another gig and not because they thought girl #2 was better. :palm:

I'm trying to like this series because my wife is liking it, but I am "sucked" into it at least yet. I like Anna of the Gap but the friend is grating beyond belief. She got smacked in the head with a bottle on episode 3 and that was the best part of the episode. :D I thought there was a chance she was getting naked, which might improve her standing, but then they didn't show anything at all. :palm: Oh well, I do like the cliff-hanger type endings to make you think about what is coming. Last night they actually had something about "in the coming weeks" to tease you even further.

• 5 weeks later...

I love this show. It is following the books fairly closely, so if you're watching it expecting something akin to Buffy, or a vampire show, or an action show with a lot of sex and violence, then you'll be disappointed. It's pretty much about a hick town and the people in it, and I really like that about it.

There's also a lot of little things about the show that I like, and I think I'm going to have to go back and watch Six Feet Under at least once. The episode where at the beginning they're playing some Tuvan throat singing, and it cuts off abruptly and the episode starts with them arguing, and somewhere in the middle of the argument she mentions crazy Chinese gargling, and he corrects her, and you realize that the soundtrack at the beginning of the show is what they were listening to in the car, and I just laughed. Because I get that kind of thing a lot, myself.