True Blood

elnero

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Season 2 Episode 1 was quite a shock to me because somehow I had missed the last episode of Season 1. Had to watch it on line from some crappy website that has little pop ups at the bottom of the screen advertising crap. No way my cheap ass was going to pony up for the BD box of Season 1.

Cool shows to get me thru the hot summer: True Blood, Nurse Jackie, Weeds and hopefully Californication but I think it's stalled till fall.

Season 2, Episode 2...now it's getting interesting. Glad I have not read the books. Pure genius on someones part, buying the rights to the books and producing this series. I had never heard of the books before the show started. Based on the number of titles, this could be a long running series.

• 1 month later...

[whinnyrant] I had kept up with it this season and am leaning towards dislike, with the soap opera like plot, acting, and needless longwindedness of anything sexual that occurs. The vampires themselves are not bad-ass enough to me either, more like whiny little things that meddle around and sometimes remind me of a male character on gossip girls (yeah, I have seen that show). Needless gore that isn't for comic effect also isn't my thing. [/overlysensitiveprojectiledysentary]

It's best if you don't take this show seriously. Of my friends that like this show like it because it's so insanely bad. It's like watching a train wreck of decision making with and ludicrous newagey bullshit. It often time surprises us with how funny it can be at poking fun at itself which is it's redeeming feature.

Spoilers:

highlight here godrik dying for vampire's sin for god's sake?!?!