ATH-AD1000PRM, ATH-ESW10JPN

Fungi

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If the ESW10 is a good step up from the ESW9, I'd really consider that price. The overall sound of the ESW9 is pretty sexy.

The ATH-ESW10JPN is a new version of the ATH-ESW9. There really are no big improvements, it still features a42mm driver, and provides a frequency response of 5Hz-35,000Hz, a sensitivity of 102dB / mW, an impedance of 45 ohms, and accepts up to 1000mW of input power. 400

I heard the AD1000RPM is supposed to be the successor to the AD2000? At least someone mentioned that on the other site.

And that's real credible. :rolleyes:

If it was the successor to the AD2000 it'd be the AD2000PRM or AD3000 or something. One look at the naming tells you it's not that.

Pics of you with better, or I'm moving you into the aerius group

Pfffffffffffffffffffffffft.... :P

Wait, I never said anything about a girlfriend or her refusal to do threesomes like aerius mentioned....

So, NO, do not place me in the aerius group! Eek! EEK!! :eek:

BTW, just to update this thread, they also announced the ATH-ES55:

audio-technica-ath-es55.jpg

ATH-ES55 comes with 40mm Driver, and provide a frequency response of 10Hz

• 4 weeks later...

Some impressions from 2ch...

AD1000PRM: AD1000 comfort, similar style of sound but better, mid-oriented typical AT sound

ESW10: Less bass than ESW9, sexy midrange, somewhat small soundstage but good placement, similar in style to RS-1, what a Grado closed headphone might sound like

ESW10: Less bass than ESW9, sexy midrange, somewhat small soundstage but good placement, similar in style to RS-1, what a Grado closed headphone might sound like

"Less bass".. can you elaborate a little more? Would it happen to be tighter and more controlled?

"what a Grado closed HP might sound like".. as in a good can for rock!? I've never heard the ESW9's.. I would much prefer the ESW10's if it is essentially like a "closed" RS1.

Also, how's the comfort of the ESW10's?

He said that it still has a bit of a midbass hump and the low bass is a little lean, but it's still more refined than the emphasized bass (good for portable use) of the ESW9. Goes more for "realism" than large soundstage. Similar tonal balance to W1000. Fast and good attack. Not so great with busy/complex passages at louder volumes. More clarity than ESW9.

Fast and good attack. Not so great with busy/complex passages at louder volumes.

So then this isn't like a closed RS1 then.. I don't own a RS1, however I am assuming, based that the Grado sound is geared toward rock, that the RS1's will handle complex rock without any problems. Also, doesn't a HP with a fast attack, mean it can handle a complex passage with relative ease, or does "fast" mean something else?

I'm trying to nail down the sound of these, and it sounded like they could be for me, but now I'm not totally sure. If it is indeed a "closed RS1", then I need these, if not, I'll pass.

Also, how's the comfort of these HP's?

Thanks! :dan: