NHL 2008/2009 edition

grawk

WALKER DELIVERS KNOCKOUT PUNCH IN 3-2 OT WIN

Vegas lost money on this one...

Bah! So did I. Congrats to the 'Canes and their fans, and the Wings on advancing.

Bad day for beantown yesterday - Sox lost to the Halos, C's caved to Magic in the last 5 minutes to allow a game 7 on the parquet, and B's end the 2009 season.

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pens take series lead, hold off Hurricanes 3-2

Fell asleep middle of 3rd period. I think the ice birds have too many weapons (Malkin & Crosby to name 2) for the Canes to take this series. Ward one on one against a single attacker is just a gimmie. He would be more effective just stepping out of the way.

I think you underestimate Ward, but the Penguins looked good. The Blackhawks looked good tonight, too, but the Wings will win this series. They looked much better during the second period, and even most of the third, and that OT goal was textbook perfect.

The Wings division foes always played physical hockey without a lot of success. I'm seeing the Wings start flexing their physical game now and It's not good for the opponents. Chicago should give a tit for tat and take a run at Hossa. Not sayin the Detroit hit was dirty, just that's how it's done. Otherwise, the Hawks will be punked the rest of the series.

I won't bet against the Wings. Emotions aside, the Wings have more of everything in front of the back line. I think they have a strong enough backcheck to keep the pressure off their goaltending so I don't see Pitt's duo doing what they have been able to do thus far.

If Chicago can stretch this series to 7 (don't see it), Detroit might get worn down enough that fresh legs could overtake them. If Pittsburgh can get the first game, they have a chance to take it. It is in Detroit's best interest to maybe let the Chicago series go another game to heal before facing Pitt. Yes, I realize that sounds crazy but a couple days can make the difference with some of their hurt wingers. Pride may say otherwise as tonight they are coming home. I'm sure they would want it ended for the fans.

Stay tuned.

FUCK! i told u people i dont like the wings, nothing against the team just i don't like them and the hawks..since i was 15 i remember not liking the two teams together.

the wings where in a different league then the hawks the entire series, like boys amongst the men type of games. i am surprised tonight's game was so good for the Hawks, amazing goal tending (near perfect). still you need to play a perfect game when playing Detroit, cant lower your head or give a hard hit cause they will capitalize on any chance they get to get you hurt or give you a penalty (the wings always played like this). they are a great team for sure.

should be a great Stanley cups series, two great teams!

Lidstrom, Datsyuk, Ericsson, and Draper were all out. That's huge. A lesser team would have been wiped out by a highly motivated Blackhawks team. Definitely speaks to Detroit's depth, but they'll need their big players to win the cup series. Ericsson will definitely be back for game one, and hopefully, Lidstrom and Datsyuk can get healthy fast. We'll see.

The Pens won one last night. They got a power play goal on a Craig Adams dive (not really, he tripped over his 2 left feet, I hate that guy). Go Pens!

You are now the enemy.

I missed the first three games due to CanJam priorities, but game four should be rocking. Pens can't afford a repeat of last year's game four loss, and Draper and maybe Datsyuk are back in. Go Wings!

I'm not really a hockey fan, but I am an anti-Pittsburgh fan. So yes, that meltdown was fun to watch :) I hope that they take this loss badly and don't recover come Tuesday, so I can stop hearing about those d-bags and their "terrible towel."