gPhone

blessingx

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If your total data usage in any billing cycle is more than 1GB, your data throughput for the remainder of that cycle may be reduced to 50 kbps or less. Your data session, plan, or service may be suspended, terminated, or restricted for significant roaming or if you use your service in a way that interferes with our network or ability to provide quality service to other users.
T-Mobile soft capping 3G data at 1GB per month - Engadget

to my eye the thing is huge and ugly, and doesn't have the star trek "my god, this thing is from the future" feel that the iPhone and iTouch have. just my 2 apple fanboy cents.
Reminds one of Jobs comments on the Segway. ;)

Ah too bad. Android will hopefully overcome the traditional manufacture/service limitations, but I do wish they played a tad stronger hardball like Jobs did a couple years ago. Software openness is definitely one of Googles strengths, but controlling the hardware is one of Apples.

Software openness is definitely one of Googles strengths, but controlling the hardware is one of Apples.

Agreed, but Apple's new problem is they're now trying too hard to also control the software. The recent rash of arbitrary and/or nakedly self-interested rejections from the App store is without doubt going to drive developers over to Android and cement the growing overall perception that Apple wants all the marbles and really doesn't care how they get them. Stuff like this today just makes them look ridiculous. :palm:

Fuck the phones, I want android in my car. And not for GPS. For music/video playback.

And the way "carputers" are evolving, I imagine you'd eventually be able to get some sort of headunit with skype call functionality built in. Or similar.

Plus its google, so I'm sure they'd have some whiz-bang algorithmic stuff that changes commercials and/or google ads based on patterns of right and left turns, or mapping it to specific streets, like stock quotes on the way to work and beer advertisements on the way home :)

Woo Hoo! HTC Dream/Kila/T-Mobile G1!!!!1

Yeah... I've been an Android fanboy since last November... and will have this phone around October 24th.

I'm liking this for the software, not really the hardware. Android will pop up on more than just consumer devices like this within a year or so. I've postulated that the Android OS will surpass Apple's Mobile OS within 18 months or so.

This device should bee good... not amazing, not revolutionary, but good. I'm quite disappointed at the lack of the 3.5mm jack. Only a few HTC devices have this at the moment, but who knows what the next round will bring.

There is a dumbphone from Samsung coming out probably in December with Android (Touchscreen phone with 5mp cam) called the T919 or Tocco or Roxy. Hopefully this will rock a mini jack, but we'll find out soon enough.

Sprint is next out of the gate with an Android phone. POSSIBLY by end of year, but more likely in January.

I'll take this phone over the iPhone any day, though. The QWERTY keyboard is SUCH a huge selling point for me. I'm on an 8120 now, and as good as SureType is, it just can't touch QWERTY. For heavy texters/e-mailers, I just don't see how you could stand a touch screen only device.

I figure there will be a higher end android device in the coming year or so. There seem to be some security issues that need to be ironed out with bluetooth, and if there are issues there, I figure it'll take a little bit to work out exchange stuff, and whatnot.

BTW... there isn't 1gig of internal memory... its an included 1gig microSD card. It holds up to 8GB microSDs, though someone just released a 16 gig one, iirc.

@aardvark... there is a very good possibility of this. Its already being talked about having Android expand beyond the mobile phone OS realm. I'm not sure if/when it would come to headunits, but maybe something that would work as an integrated car unit...

Now I need someone to just make me an ExtUSB terminated senn cable...

**BRENT**