south florida (pembroke pines) weekend meet

crappyjones123

well its not much like the usual meets posted in these boards but oz of let there be sound sent me an email inviting me to a local audiophile's home as he has graciously agreed to let people just walk in and audition his genesis speakers in some uber professionally treated room. also, the president of genesis speakers shall also be there at his house. oz included his cell phone number in case any of you would like to go or have any other questions. i plan on attending sometime after 2pm on sunday so if any fellow headfiers would like to go, pm me and we can meet up somewhere or just head over to the given address. sorry for the late post, but i just got to know about this event today. hope to see a few of you there.

oz's email -

"Howdy folks!

Here's is my customer Naz's address which you can MapBlast:

Nazurdeen Ali

16385 N.W. 16th Street

Pembroke Pines

For a telephone number please use my cell: (954) 465-5040

PLEASE shoot me an e-mail right back with your time preference

between 10am and 6pm available on both days since we can only

host 3 to 4 people at a time on any given listening session.

You can each invite a couple of friends as well if they're into great

music and you can schedule yourselves into the same time slot.

Thank you,

Oswaldo Martinez

Let There Be Sound, Inc.

P.S. Get back to me ASAP with your requested time slot please!

Spots are filling in fast!!!"

-cj

Dear Head-Case friends,

So you have a bit more background on what the event is and entails here is the original invitation I sent the folks in my LTBS mailing list:

"Dear Friends,

I am very sorry for this late notice. I promise you that all the stars kind of lined up at the very last minute (whew!)

WITH THAT OUT OF THE WAY...

I have the genuine honor of extending a cordial invitation to all the customers & friends of Let There Be Sound for a very special engagement this weekend-Sat. September 27th & Sunday the 28th for a demonstration of the STUNNING G5.3 reference loudspeakers from our friends at Genesis Advanced Technologies.

As if this was not enough, we have the distinct honor of having the president & chief designer of Genesis Advanced Technologies, Mr. Gary Koh with us whom will be conducting the 45 minute sessions throughout the weekend. I don't have to tell you that his presence will be invaluable in oder to more fully understand his magnificent *products and to answer any and all questions you may have.

I would like to take this time to also thank local audiophile legend Mr. Nazurdeen Ali (a.k.a. Naz) who has graciously loaned his world-class caliber room to host this special event. In fact, in the now and the foreseeable future Mr. Ali's stellar sound room will serve as an *official* LET THERE BE SOUND OFFSITE SHOWROOM sanctioned by Mr. Koh himself to showcase his magnificent G5.3's

ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS...

PLEASE RSVP right away to me at this address to request your desired time slot. The sessions will commence on Saturday at 10a.m. *sharp* every hour on the hour with each session lasting a projected 45 minutes, with the last 15 minutes open for a question and answer session.

Once I have received your RSVP I will forward each of you Mr. Ali's address with simple directions.

In a forthcoming e-mail I will be listing the rest of components used in this once-in-a-lifetime demonstration. You can also RSVP by calling my cell phone (# listed below my signature)

All my best and hoping to see all of you this weekend,

Oswaldo Martinez

President

Let There Be Sound, Inc.

cell: (954) 465-5040

P.S. * YES THERE IS A SECOND GENESIS PRODUCT BEING UNVEILED THIS

WEEKEND AND THIS IS IT'S SOUTH FLORIDA PREMIER ! ! !"

Any and all local audiophiles, heck, MUSIC LOVERS are welcome to the event. Again all I ask is that you RSVP so that I can place you in a proper time slot.

Hope to meet some new friends this weekend.

All the best,

Oswaldo Martinez

LTBS

By the way, here's the list of the main equipment being demoed this weekend at Mr. Ali's home:

Loudspeakers:

1. Genesis Advanced Technologies G5.3 loudspeakers (17k)

Analog source:

2. VPI HR-X w/ 12.7 arm and latest rim drive and super platter (12k)

3. Air Tight PC-1 MC cartridge (6k)

Digital source:

Cary CD 306 SACD PROFESSIONAL (8k)

Preamplification:

Herron Audio VTSP-2 line stage (6.5k)

Herron Audio VTPH-2 phono stage (3.6k)

Amplification:

Genesis GR-360 digital amplifier (12k)

Line conditioning:

Isotek Titan, Nova & Orion AC Line conditioners & power cords (10k)

*Alternate amplification: (2) Jadis Defy7 running bridged

plus an assortment of cables and audiophile tweaks PLUS

some of the most amazing recording you've ever heard!!!

Thank you,

Oswaldo Martinez

LTBS

(954) 465-5040