Integrated Tube Amp Suggestions?

tkam

I'm thinking of putting together a 2nd speaker rig (it might end up being an office rig). Either way I'd like to pair whatever speakers I get with an integrated tube amp preferably one that also has a decent headphone output. In terms of power needed anything 30W+ would be more than enough. I'd like to keep this under $1k if possible.

JAS Bravo 2.3 6C33

I can get a fairly good deal on one of these new. Anyone heard one yet?

I haven't heard one of those but it looks decent. It reminds me of the Consonance gear. Speaking of which, you can definitely do pretty well with one of the Consonance 10 integrateds if you have/get sensitive speakers (94+dB) and still have your headamp. They are warm sounding amps from my experience but still nice.

have you looked into the primaluna stuff? Might be outside your price range but they have an integrated folks seem to like. I've never heard one.

I have heard them and I am not a fan.

I would also look used but I am not sure if you have speakers already or not. JP#s is touting the CAT SL-1 to me, but there are different models and makes that I have not yet figured out. VTL vintage gear would be great if you can find it. The Jolida 300B is intriguing but you need some damn efficient speakers. This KORA Mercury would be very cool but it is on an auction for 8 more days and might go too high also.

There is also the Reks Approved Audio Aero hybrid being sold by a good Agoner in Singapore for more than you want but maybe subject to negotiation.

For under $1K and on the solid-state side, I'm aware of the Audio Refinement Complete Integrated, and the related YBA YA201 for a bit over your budget. And if you have something you can use as a pre-amp, Parasound makes a couple <$1K power amps in the NewClassic line, or you could combine their Zpre2 & Zamp v3 (or alternately the 275) if you don't. The Parasound separates are pretty dang cheap.

The Cambridge Audio 840A V2 is a very good solid state integrated that powered my ProAc Response 2S and Sonus Faber Guarneri Mementos to fine form. It also has balanced inputs and a headphone jack. At $1500, it is slightly more than your limit, but may be worth the extra splurge. There are also two on Audiogon for just under $1000.