ALO M3?

Pars

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes, but KB as a big base of consumers who will buy it just because it is from ALO! His crioxblingblongultramegasilverLOD also cost 20$ to make and he sells them for 250$....

true and therefore he had absolutely nothing to gain by giving Ti credit for the design. he could have used a cheaper/easier design, called it his own, and it wouldn't be tied to what has a reputation, although unfairly, for being an entry level DIY design. so a lot of the comments in this thread and on head-fi are misguided.

I don't care about any of it except the horribly misleading name... I mean really, 30 seconds of research would've revealed that there was already an amp called an M^3, that is commonly referred to as an M3, that is technically superior and that was even designed by the same person. So was it a dumb an honest mistake or a shameless intentionally misleading choice something more suspect?

The rest of it doesn't matter... The name alone makes it epic fail. :palm:

true and therefore he had absolutely nothing to gain by giving Ti credit for the design. he could have used a cheaper/easier design, called it his own, and it wouldn't be tied to what has a reputation, although unfairly, for being an entry level DIY design. so a lot of the comments in this thread and on head-fi are misguided.

Hmmm, I didn't realize the mini3 was considered by some (many?) to be an entry level DIY design. I always thought it was pretty much the most advanced portable design out there, even though it is mainly the AD8397.

Hmmm, I didn't realize the mini3 was considered by some (many?) to be an entry level DIY design. I always thought it was pretty much the most advanced portable design out there, even though it is mainly the AD8397.

Anyone who understands what you just said probably isn't going to be buying a pre-built portable amp. It's seen as a $125 portable amp that compares well against other $125 portable amps.

Anyone who understands what you just said probably isn't going to be buying a pre-built portable amp. It's seen as a $125 portable amp that compares well against other $125 portable amps.

I would put the mini3 against any portable amp in the 300-400 price range! Oh wait, I have done so at headfest07 and it performed great IMO of course!

But yeah, it's seen as a 125$ portable amp...:mad:

I thought he responded already. $285.

He did.

Two people have asked him how his is better than one from MisterX or Thrice at 1/2 the price...

BTW, is Vinnie Rossi the same guy that used to have all kinds of mods on audioasylum (name seems familiar)?