ALO M3?

Pars

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I know he's Redwine Audio... seems like a few years ago he used to post mods or participate in mod threads on AA.

Kind of like Chris Ven Haus used to just post on AA; before he started a company/website doing cable/wires and then the teflon caps, etc.

Yeah, I know he's Redwine Audio... seems like a few years ago he used to post mods or participate in mod threads on AA.

Kind of like Chris Ven Haus used to just post on AA; before he started a company/website doing cable/wires and then the teflon caps, etc.

IIRC he was one of the guys who started modding the Tushi 3950's or something like that.

[edit]Yup, that was him. http://home.nc.rr.com/keihin/toshiba3950/vinniemods.htm

He did.

Two people have asked him how his is better than one from MisterX or Thrice at 1/2 the price...

BTW, is Vinnie Rossi the same guy that used to have all kinds of mods on audioasylum (name seems familiar)?

Vinni Rossi = iMod maker and redwine audio

Cryo Kitty is pleased.

...\ ( ' ' ) /... . . ^-^

....( . : . ) . . . =*.*=

...(______).. . . U U

Well he replied.

I am not familiar with other buliders and what they are doing, all I can say is we are using upgraded resistors and Black Gate caps (used in parallel)- all in the signal path and all in key areas. Also the knob is metal and of course the front and back plates are exquisitly engraved. I am sure there will be some user reviews soon.

Ken

He really doesn't know anything does he?

Originally Posted by KB viewpost.gif

I am not familiar with other buliders and what they are doing, all I can say is we are using upgraded resistors and Black Gate caps (used in parallel)- all in the signal path and all in key areas. Also the knob is metal and of course the front and back plates are exquisitly engraved. I am sure there will be some user reviews soon.

Ken

1214416514403.jpg

It can be argued (successfully many times) that the PSU is in the signal path, so replacement of the 5 PSU electrolytics with BGs could be said to be in the signal path. Probable waste of time/money, but ya can't do maxxed bling without uttering BlackGates as part of the mantra... :palm:

Not sure what he means by upgraded resistors and BGs in parallel, but I guess that just makes two of us...

It can be argued (successfully many times) that the PSU is in the signal path, so replacement of the 5 PSU electrolytics with BGs could be said to be in the signal path. Probable waste of time/money, but ya can't do maxxed bling without uttering BlackGates as part of the mantra... :palm:

If he's talking about BG's in parallel, it is probably the two 470

Well, lets add it up, shall we? Assuming they aren't actually adding caps to the circuit (or can we assume that?), the most these would cost is:

series size price qty total

N 16x24 $12.50 2 $25.00 (470u)

FK 10x20 $6.25 2 $12.50 (100u)

So there's $37.50 retail (soniccraft) for 4 BGs. I would doubt they are going more capacitance since they would only get larger physically... I'm not sure whether these would fit as it is, particularly given the case?

As for upgraded resistors, not sure what he's using? Standard from MisterX, etc. would probably be Dale RN55s, which aren't exactly slouches...

I've asked him a couple of questions regarding the capacitor choice and why didn't he follow the designers options, he should know best right?

Raelly want to hear the answer....

I think the bashing will continue, after all people are just asking him questions about a new product!:rolleyes:

I've asked him a couple of questions regarding the capacitor choice and why didn't he follow the designers options, he should know best right?

Raelly want to hear the answer....

I think the bashing will continue, after all people are just asking him questions about a new product!:rolleyes:

As of yet, the Ken behind the curtain remains moot on why his amp is worth double what Thrice is charging. We wait in rapt attention.

You guys would be better off asking Vinny of Red Wine Audio. He's the technical guy here and probably could give a technical answer.

You guys would be better off asking Vinny of Red Wine Audio. He's the technical guy here and probably could give a technical answer.

Vinny replied to another posting right below this topic (at the time)... he wisely avoided getting in on this one :o