PSU recommendations?

I went ahead and got a XFX GeForce 9800 GX2 Black Edition last week, but I discovered that I needed 1x 8-pin PCI-E connector and 1x 6-pin PCI-E connector to power this card. I'm not sure what type of PSU would be good. I have a 620W not-so-good PSU right now, and it's a single rail old design one (I have no idea what I'm talking about, I showed it to someone and they told me this rail thing.)

Any recommendation for what PSU to get? I'm running 4 HDDs, but that is no problem because most of the newer PSUs have more than enough connectors. Does this look like a good PSU to purchase?

Antec - Signature 850

or the 650W version...

Antec - Signature 650

Please keep in mind that my GFX uses a lot of power.

Thanks.

Seasonic M12II-430 or Corsair HX520W (or even 620W) depending on how much total power you need. Probably the Corsair. Don't go Antec, they make good PSUs under a budget but I would try to stay away from designs with rear exhaust fans. Don't think the 9800 uses enough power to warrant a 620W PSU.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok guys, before you all start reccomending things, I'll go over what I'm looking for after researching for the past two weeks.

I need 1x PCI-E 6-pin and 1x PCI-E 8-pin connectors, and these connectors are usually exclusive to 600W+ PSUs.

I've decided to go for more power than I need, this way I have room for upgrades in the future.

Initially I looked at the Corsair 1000W psu. Seems alright, but then the Silverstone PSUs caught my eyes.

Newegg.com - 901 - 1000W, Power Supplies, Silverstone

There are 3 listed here. I do not understand the benefits/difference of each. I understand that some are single rails, and some are dual rails, and they all have pretty large fans. What makes them different from each other? And are these better than the Corsair?

Thanks.

any of those should run your computer just fine. i'm not quite sure what else you are expecting your PSU to do.

All of them run fine. The difference is in efficiency (overkill wattages are bad because most PSUs are inefficient at low loads) and silence (adequate cooling is easy; silencing while maintaining that gets harder).

I have used OCZ on my last two personal builds...I like the fact that I plug in only the cables I need. Here is a link of a particular model that may be up your alley:

OCZ Technology | Products | Power Management | OCZ 500W-700W ModXStream Pro Power Supply

Has the 80 Plus efficiency rating and all that....

[H] Enthusiast - OCZ 700W ModXStream Pro Power Supply

Not recommended..