old Silvertone receiver?

atothex

I have seen this amp and I think I even heard it with K1000s but in any event it is not a big risk at $175. As a nice tubed FM receiver it is worth that, and you could easily run Klipsch Heresy speakers or other efficient vintage or new speakers off of it.

Yeah, as soon as I saw it, I started looking for Klipsch's on Craig's List. Are Forte significantly better than Heresy? From what I understand, there's Heresy I, II, and III and Forte I and II. Any significant differences other than vintage? The reason I ask is there was a pair of Forte II for $450, which looked like a decent deal.

I like the older vintage Heresy models and I have Heresy Is from around 1979. The Forte I was made from 1985-89 and the Forte II was made from 1989-96. I don't know those speakers well, but they have a similar driver complement to the Heresy but in a more upright, shallower box. You can read a lot about them on the Klipsch forum, and elsewhere, I am sure.

Yeah, as soon as I saw it, I started looking for Klipsch's on Craig's List. Are Forte significantly better than Heresy? From what I understand, there's Heresy I, II, and III and Forte I and II. Any significant differences other than vintage? The reason I ask is there was a pair of Forte II for $450, which looked like a decent deal.

The Forte's will have more bass, but need to be close to the back wall due to the rear passive radiator if you want maximum bass performance.

The heresy's need 3 level reinforcement, ground and corner walls, if you want decent bass performance. Of course this is coming from someone with cornwalls so maybe I am not the best person to ask:p

The Forte's will have more bass, but need to be close to the back wall due to the rear passive radiator if you want maximum bass performance.

The heresy's need 3 level reinforcement, ground and corner walls, if you want decent bass performance. Of course this is coming from someone with cornwalls so maybe I am not the best person to ask:p

Newb question: will these old speakers fuck up my LCD if I put them close? If so, what can I do?

if your speakers are producing a magnetic field strong enough to screw up your LCD, well, lets just say that you have bigger problems to worry about than visual distortion, like the local space/time anomaly that just killed you and everyone in your city.

I thought so, but better to ask and be safe than sorry. Despite my audio hobby, the TV is still the single most expensive electronic device that I own.